Version and / or Patch Used: 2.47
ATTO is a timeless benchmark used to provide manufacturers with data used for marketing storage products. With ATTO, we are looking at maximum sequential performance with compressible data as well as the performance curve.
Compressible sequential read/write transfers max out at 564/527 MB/s. Both figures exceed factory specs. Keep in mind this is our OS volume, and it is filled to 75% of its total capacity.
We would like to see a little smoother performance curve, but that may be the after effects of running this test within a couple of minutes of filling the drive. The M8V is delivering exceptional small file performance which is something we want to see. On the top end, the M8V is the best performing TLC equipped SSD in our test pool.
We are looking for a nice smooth performance curve and good small-file performance. The M8V delivers a smooth performance curve, but only average small-file performance. Here again, we see the M8V delivering top-flight performance on the big end.
Anvil Storage Utilities
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.1.0
Anvil's Storage Utilities is a storage benchmark designed to measure the storage performance of SSDs. The Standard Storage Benchmark performs a series of tests; you can run a full test or just the read or write test, or you can run a single test, i.e. 4K QD16. With Anvil's, we are focused on the total score.
We consider 10K IOPS at QD1 random read a milestone that very few SSDs are capable of delivering. Only the best can do it. We are hitting over 12K in this metric. However as with all SSDs that use an SLC buffer this type of performance only manifests itself when data is being read from the drive's SLC cache.
Anvil's scoring typically provides us with a good indication of a drive's overall synthetic performance. We like to see a score of over 5,000, but the M8V doesn't quite get there. The M8V is outscored by the majority of the SSDs in our test pool.
(Anvil) Read IOPS through Queue Depth Scale
With a partition on the drive and 75% full, we are not quite able to hit factory max random read specs. Close enough though.
When reading random data, the M8V delivers performance that is on the lower-end of the spectrum. However, at QD1 which is by far the most important measurement, the M8V is really delivering the goods.
(Anvil) Write IOPS through Queue Scale
With a partition on the drive and 75% full, we are exceeding factory specs by almost 7K IOPS.
The M8V does well at QD1-2 but falls off at higher queue depths following closely the performance curve of Intel's 545s. Performance at QD1-2 is where it matters most, so with this in mind, the M8V is performing satisfactorily.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Plextor M8V 512GB SATA III SSD retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Plextor M8V 512GB SATA III SSD retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Devil May Cry TV show coming to Netflix
- Sony skips E3 2019 for PlayStation-centric showcase
- Take home The Crown in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Digital-only Xbox One coming in 2019
- Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales fails at sales expectations
- Z77-D3H MB and bizzare boot issue
- HyperX Gaming microSD 128GB Review
- FS:[20Pieces] Apple iPhone XR.Xs.Xs Max 64/256/512GB.$8,980
- Vital Progenix
- ASUS PRIME B450M-A/CSM AM4 with AMD RYZEN 5 2600 CPU will only boot Windows after reset
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions