Plextor M8V SATA III SSD
The M8V ships in an attractive silver and black themed box. There is an image of the enclosed drive on the front. The drive's capacity, form factor, warranty, flash array and SATA interface are advertised here.
The rear of the packaging advertises the drive's maximum sequential and random performance.
Included with the drive is a printed installation guide.
The top and sides of the enclosure is formed from natural colored sheet aluminum.
The bottom of the drive's enclosure is also formed from sheet aluminum. There is a manufacturers' label that lists the particulars of the SSD.
The enclosure is held together with four small screws.
This side of the PCB houses the drive's SM2258 4-channel controller, a DDR3 DRAM cache package and two of the drive's four 128GB BiCS 3 TSOP flash packages. TSOP flash packages are a bit cheaper than BGA, which accounts for the M8V 512GB' low MSRP.
This side of the PCB houses two of the drive's four 128GB BiCS 3 TSOP flash packages.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Plextor M8V 512GB SATA III SSD retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Plextor M8V 512GB SATA III SSD retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ONRUSH gameplay trailer reveals new game modes
- YouTube star John 'TotalBiscuit' Bain has died age 33
- God of War reaches a massive 5 million units sold
- The Wolf Among Us Season Two hit with 2019 delay
- Nintendo's '2nd Unit Set' for the Switch is dockless, $230
- 2 New Half-Life 2 Developers videos
- the best value, budget upgrade for me
- best value budget upgrade path
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $1.422
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit