Plextor M8V SATA III SSD
The M8V ships in an attractive silver and black themed box. There is an image of the enclosed drive on the front. The drive's capacity, form factor, warranty, flash array and SATA interface are advertised here.
The rear of the packaging advertises the drive's maximum sequential and random performance.
Included with the drive is a printed installation guide.
The top and sides of the enclosure is formed from natural colored sheet aluminum.
The bottom of the drive's enclosure is also formed from sheet aluminum. There is a manufacturers' label that lists the particulars of the SSD.
The enclosure is held together with four small screws.
This side of the PCB houses the drive's SM2258 4-channel controller, a DDR3 DRAM cache package and two of the drive's four 128GB BiCS 3 TSOP flash packages. TSOP flash packages are a bit cheaper than BGA, which accounts for the M8V 512GB' low MSRP.
This side of the PCB houses two of the drive's four 128GB BiCS 3 TSOP flash packages.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Pricing & Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO & Anvil's]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks – CDM & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (OS) - Vantage, PCMark 7, PCMark 8 & More]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary) - IOPS, Response & Transfers]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks – 70/30 Mixed Workload & Sustained Sequential Write]
- Page 9 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 10 [Final Thoughts]