The CPUs and Coolers
The CPU boxes are very similar to the boxes of other Ryzen 3 and 5 CPUs that came with coolers. AMD also sent over a compatible motherboard and DDR4 kit.
Packaging is pretty much identical to what we have seen from AMD in the past.
CPU packaging comes with one surprise, an orange slip, and it's important. Motherboard vendors will release new BIOS that support the new 2000-series CPUs, but you aren't guaranteed support from 300-series motherboards unless you see that "AMD Ryzen Desktop 2000 Ready" logo on the box. However, if you buy a 300-series motherboard with CPU-less BIOS recovery, then you could potentially flash the motherboard with a supporting BIOS without a 1000-series CPU.
The top and bottom of the CPUs are identical to that of other Ryzen CPUs as far as we can tell. However, AMD has opted to use traditional non-metallic TIM instead of metallic TIM on these new CPUs to help lower price.
The CPU cooler provided with both CPUs is called the Wraith Stealth, which is based on aluminum. The heat sink fan comes with pre-applied thermal paste.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The AMD Ryzen 3 2200G and Ryzen 5 2400G retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The AMD Ryzen 3 2200G and Ryzen 5 2400G retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The CPUs and Coolers]
- Page 3 [Test Setup]
- Page 4 [Out of the Box Performance: CINEBENCH, wPrime, and AIDA64]
- Page 5 [Perf: Handbrake Video Transcoding, ScienceMark and SuperPI]
- Page 6 [Synthetic Gaming Performance: UNIGINE and 3DMark]
- Page 7 [Gaming Performance: Tomb Raider, GTA:V & More ]
- Page 8 [Overclocking and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony ramping up services framework for next-gen PS5
- New Assassin's Creed free-to-play mobile game incoming
- Capcom to release three big games every fiscal year
- Black Ops 4 Blackout battle royale has split-screen
- Red Dead Redemption 2 required ruthless crunch at Rockstar
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ryzen 1600x, temps, spikes and normal workload
- Which modern Z370 ATX motherboards are most reliable? Seeking advice
- Trimble Introduces Next Generation Wireless Data Recorder for Smart Wastewater and Stormwater Monitoring
- Cooler Master Debuts the World's First Analog Keypad
- Cooler Master Announces Hyper 212 Black Edition
- The new ALIENWARE m15 gaming laptop
- Where's Baby Launches on Steam!