Packaging and Overview
It might be the first time in a while that I have seen a SuperO motherboard in a rectangular box, but this simple black box conveys the simplicity of the product. Packaging is decent; the motherboard is in an antistatic bag with a silica packet to reduce humidity.
The accessory package includes two SATA6Gb/s cables, IO panel, WIFI antenna, case badge, cable stickers, manual, and driver DVD.
SuperMicro offers only two four-pin PWM fan headers; the system fan header can be changed from PWM mode to DC mode. The good news here is that each header supports 2.5A of power output so that you can use more than one fan on each header. Fan control is provided in the UEFI and through SuperMicro's SuperO application. The motherboard features a full black aesthetic theme, and it's very simple and should be quite popular. The back of the motherboard features a few ICs and your second M.2 slot.
The rear IO panel features PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse port, four USB 3.0 ports, DisplayPort, HDMI 2.0, WIFI antenna, USB 3.1 type-A, USB 3.1 type-C, 1Gbit LAN, and 7.1 audio ports with S/PDIF out.
The motherboard offers up two 32Gb/s M.2 slots. One is on the top of the motherboard over the PCI-E x16 slot, and another is on the back of the motherboard.
In the bottom right corner of the motherboard, we find four SATA6Gb/s ports, a SATA DOM port, and a USB 2.0 internal header. On the top of the motherboard we find out 6-pin CPU power connector, and an RGB LED header. Front panel headers are also at the top of the motherboard and include headers we typically only find on servers, such as NIC activity LED and fan failure LED headers.
We also find a USB 3.0 internal header right behind the top-side M.2 slot. Right below the reinforced x16 slot, we find many jumpers. These jumpers offer features such as chassis intrusion, OC button, Clear CMOS, and ME manufacturer mode.
All CPU VCore phases are cooled by a heat sink (the iGPU phases are not), and the PCH also gets a heat sink.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and C7Z370-CG-IW Overview]
- Page 3 [SuperMicro C7Z370-CG-IW Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [SuperMicro C7Z370-CG-IW Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Activision cut jobs to focus on monetization as well as dev
- Anthem's epic skins cost $8.50 a piece
- Crackdown 3 only exists to sell Game Pass subscriptions
- Apex Legends turning their son transsexual, says parents
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice Switch, motion control support
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock Multi-Gigabit Performance: 10GbE/5GbE/2.5G Networking
- Very odd boot behavior on three identical x399 Taichi builds.
- G.Skill TridentZ Royal 4000MHz 32GB Memory Kit Review
- Asrock A97x Killer and Evga 980TI help
- New Screenshots for ShaRkPG, Maneater | PC Version to Support NVIDIA Ansel Technology
- The world's first judicial friendship simulator takes to Kickstarter in Supreme Courtship!
- Cupid hits Ring of Elysium with Valentine's Day event
- New Gameplay Video for World-Shaping RTS Bannermen Released
- Nokia launches Cognitive Collaboration Hubs to help operators design 5G networks and create AI-enabled use cases