Z370 TOMAHAWK Circuit Analysis Continued
A Realtek ALC892 is used as the audio codec along with Nippon Chemicon audio capacitors and a physical PCB divide to improve audio quality.
MSI did use an Intel NIC on this motherboard, and we find an Intel PHY, the i219v near the LAN port. USB 3.1 uses an ASMedia ASM3142 controller and an ASMedia ASM1543 type-C switch and CC logic chip.
The main SuperIO controller is the nuvoTon NCT6795D for the PS/2 port, system fan control, and system monitoring. A Renesas R5F104BCA microcontroller is used as the RGB LED controller.
The motherboard uses a single 128Mbit(16MB) BIOS ROM. We also find two ASMedia quick switches used to switch x4 between the middle x16 slot and the M.2 slot.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z370 TOMAHAWK Overview]
- Page 3 [MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Resident Evil 2 Remake demo impressions
- Ghostbusters 3 set for Summer 2020, teaser trailer released
- EA cancelled new Star Wars game to work on smaller project
- Far Cry New Dawn official PC requirements released
- 2K and NBA to smooth over $1b rights extension deal
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Problem with RAM Overclock
- Nokia's Service Operations Center powers Telefonica UK's drive towards customer-centric operations
- Black Desert Online's Battle Royale mode enters Early Access today
- Roblox hires British online safety expert Laura Higgins to lead new digital civility initiative
- HyperX Announces 2019 We're All Gamers Ad Campaign Including Celebrity Influencers Post Malone, Gordon Hayward, Joel Embiid, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Pokimane, Shroud, Daigo, De'Aaron Fox and Rush
- Macrotis: A Mother's Journey Releases this upcoming February 8th!