Z370 TOMAHAWK Circuit Analysis Continued
A Realtek ALC892 is used as the audio codec along with Nippon Chemicon audio capacitors and a physical PCB divide to improve audio quality.
MSI did use an Intel NIC on this motherboard, and we find an Intel PHY, the i219v near the LAN port. USB 3.1 uses an ASMedia ASM3142 controller and an ASMedia ASM1543 type-C switch and CC logic chip.
The main SuperIO controller is the nuvoTon NCT6795D for the PS/2 port, system fan control, and system monitoring. A Renesas R5F104BCA microcontroller is used as the RGB LED controller.
The motherboard uses a single 128Mbit(16MB) BIOS ROM. We also find two ASMedia quick switches used to switch x4 between the middle x16 slot and the M.2 slot.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z370 TOMAHAWK Overview]
- Page 3 [MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Fortnite makes over $1 billion in less than a year
- Treyarch tease COD: Black Ops 4 zombies Comic-Con reveal
- Call of Cthulhu releases this Halloween
- The Legend of Zelda: BOTW - Creating a Champion details
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990X simulated tests: 32C/64T beast!
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit