The Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 overclocked our CPU to 4.9GHz quite easily, even with its small VRM. We set VCore to 1.3v, LLCs to Turbo, XMP to enable, and nothing else. While the motherboard was tested using our Dominator Platinum kit, the motherboard wasn't able to overclock it with XMP to 3200MHz, but it was able to overclock two more kits to 3600MHz, so use the QVL.
Compatible Memory Overclocking Kits
In this section, I overclock four memory kits only using XMP, if the kit works then the results are below. I welcome memory vendors to send in their kits to be tested on each motherboard.
Patriot Viper LED 3600MHz C16 8GBx2
The motherboard handled this Patriot kit with ease.
G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600MHz C16 8GBx2
The board easily overclocked two of the G.Skill sticks to XMP with ease.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard retails for £ at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]