Packaging and Overview
The box for the Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 uses similar box-art as higher-end Z370 Aorus motherboard. Packaging is basic enough but gets the job done.
The accessory package includes four SATA6Gb/s cables, IO shield, G-Connector, case badge, manual, and driver DVD.
The Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 has five fan headers, all of them are PWM/DC mode headers. The one header circled in blue is a pump header that runs full speed by default, while the rest of the headers run off a standard cooling curve you can change in the UEFI or through Windows.
The fan headers circled in green and blue offer up to 1A of current each. The color theme of the motherboard is red and black, which is one of the most popular color themes. There are some built-in RGB LEDs, and you can change their color in the UEFI or Windows. The back of the motherboard is clear of any ICs.
The rear IO panel features PS/2 keyboard and mouse, OC button, HDMI, USB 3.1 type-C, USB 3.1 type-A, four USB 3.0 ports, two USB 2.0 ports, 1Gbit LAN, and 7.1 audio outputs.
The PCI-E layout is super-duper simple. The top slot is x16 wired directly to the CPU. The second x16 slot is an x4 PCI-E 3.0 slot routed to the PCH, and it shares all of its bandwidth with the x1 slots. The top M.2 slot is routed to the PCH directly and only supports PCI based M.2 drives (no SATA).
The second M.2 slot is routed to the PCH as well and supports both PCI and SATA based M.2 drives. SATA3_0 will be disabled if a SATA drive is used. There are four right-angled SATA6Gb/s ports on the motherboard, and above them is a ThunderBolt 3 GPIO header.
Two more SATA6Gb/s ports are angled straight and found near the front panel headers. There are also boot LEDs in the bottom right corner of the motherboard. There are two USB 3.0 internal headers, one is for a type-C port, and the other is for type-A ports.
We find a new addition on this motherboard, OC button and OC headers. The headers offer you the ability to use your reset or power button (or dedicated case OC button) to engage overclockers, and there is even a light header to let you know when the OC is in effect.
The button on the rear IO panel and the headers are synchronized. There are also two RGB LED headers at the top of the motherboard; one is 5v/12v digital/addressable, and one is an RGBW header. At the bottom of the motherboard we find a TPM header near two USB 2.0 internal headers.
We find two more RGB headers at the bottom of the motherboard, one is RGBW, and the other is a digital/addressable 12v/5v header. Heatsinks make good contact with the VRM components, but they use a plastic push-pin method to put pressure on the components.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard retails for £ at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Resident Evil 2 Remake demo impressions
- Ghostbusters 3 set for Summer 2020, teaser trailer released
- EA cancelled new Star Wars game to work on smaller project
- Far Cry New Dawn official PC requirements released
- 2K and NBA to smooth over $1b rights extension deal
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Problem with RAM Overclock
- Nokia's Service Operations Center powers Telefonica UK's drive towards customer-centric operations
- Black Desert Online's Battle Royale mode enters Early Access today
- Roblox hires British online safety expert Laura Higgins to lead new digital civility initiative
- HyperX Announces 2019 We're All Gamers Ad Campaign Including Celebrity Influencers Post Malone, Gordon Hayward, Joel Embiid, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Pokimane, Shroud, Daigo, De'Aaron Fox and Rush
- Macrotis: A Mother's Journey Releases this upcoming February 8th!