Here are key points about the ASRock X299 Extreme4.
Value: There are really no questions or uncertainties about it, the X299 Extreme4 is the most affordable X299 motherboard on the market. The good news is that you still get solid controllers at the price point and USB 3.1.
VRM Heatsinks: ASRock made sure to launch this motherboard after their initial onslaught of X299 motherboard, and they did well by waiting. During the first round of X299 motherboards, it became clear that HCC CPUs would require better VRMs or much better VRM cooling. The X299 Extreme4 offers significantly better VRM cooling, with heat sinks almost as heavy as the entire motherboard.
Solid Controllers: When vendors typically cut the price of a product they also cut down 3rd party IC quality, but not here. In this case, ASRock maintained the same high-quality controllers, such as the ALC1220, ASM3142, and Intel i219 PHY.
Easy to Understand PCI-E Slots: The PCI-E layout is really simple, and that way users won't have issues figuring out how much bandwidth each slot will receive.
Two M.2: Most X299 motherboards feature three M.2 slots, but the Extreme4 only has two. It's a very small issue, but that's because I couldn't really find many others with the motherboard.
ASRock's X299 Extreme4 is the most affordable X299 motherboard. We even went over to Newegg to check out its price versus other motherboards, and it is even less expensive than open-box motherboards. While it's just roughly $10 less than other comparable X299 motherboards, it does come with enhancements that only come with second-round X299 motherboards.
That includes a much better VRM heat sink, and better power delivery support. The X299 Extreme4 also carries all the latest features you might want such as USB 3.1 and solid audio, so you really aren't missing out on much. If you don't like the idea of over-spending on an X299, but still want solid features, the X299 Extreme4 should definitely be considered.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||93%|
The Bottom Line: The solid ASRock X299 Extreme4 is one of the most pocket-friendly yet capable X299 motherboards on the market, and pairs well with Intel's HCC CPUs.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X299 Extreme4 Overview]
- Page 3 [ASROCK X299 Extreme4 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASROCK X299 Extreme4 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Starbreeze to focus exclusively on games
- Someone threatened to bomb Infinity Ward's offices
- Jagex making new Runescape RPG
- Metro Exodus finalized, release date moved up
- ZeniMax and Facebook settle VR lawsuit
- Seagate Game Drive for Xbox 2TB SSD Review
- GA-Z170X-Gaming-G1 and NVMe PCIe lanes
- Accell Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Pro (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Asrock Z390 Taichi Driver Tipps
- Six days until the new update launch of Seal Online: B.O.D!
- The SoulKeeper VR releasing a new open world campaign with new mechanics, in the form of Early Access version 2, in 2019
- The Game Awards More Than Doubles Viewership in 2018 Live Audience Grows To Over 26 million Livestrems
- Gameloft and the LEGO Group Partner to Bring 40 years of LEGO Minifigure History to Mobile
- New Breach Hero Class Trailer Highlights The Powerful Arcane Mender