Here are key points about the ASRock X299 Extreme4.
Value: There are really no questions or uncertainties about it, the X299 Extreme4 is the most affordable X299 motherboard on the market. The good news is that you still get solid controllers at the price point and USB 3.1.
VRM Heatsinks: ASRock made sure to launch this motherboard after their initial onslaught of X299 motherboard, and they did well by waiting. During the first round of X299 motherboards, it became clear that HCC CPUs would require better VRMs or much better VRM cooling. The X299 Extreme4 offers significantly better VRM cooling, with heat sinks almost as heavy as the entire motherboard.
Solid Controllers: When vendors typically cut the price of a product they also cut down 3rd party IC quality, but not here. In this case, ASRock maintained the same high-quality controllers, such as the ALC1220, ASM3142, and Intel i219 PHY.
Easy to Understand PCI-E Slots: The PCI-E layout is really simple, and that way users won't have issues figuring out how much bandwidth each slot will receive.
Two M.2: Most X299 motherboards feature three M.2 slots, but the Extreme4 only has two. It's a very small issue, but that's because I couldn't really find many others with the motherboard.
ASRock's X299 Extreme4 is the most affordable X299 motherboard. We even went over to Newegg to check out its price versus other motherboards, and it is even less expensive than open-box motherboards. While it's just roughly $10 less than other comparable X299 motherboards, it does come with enhancements that only come with second-round X299 motherboards.
That includes a much better VRM heat sink, and better power delivery support. The X299 Extreme4 also carries all the latest features you might want such as USB 3.1 and solid audio, so you really aren't missing out on much. If you don't like the idea of over-spending on an X299, but still want solid features, the X299 Extreme4 should definitely be considered.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||93%|
The Bottom Line: The solid ASRock X299 Extreme4 is one of the most pocket-friendly yet capable X299 motherboards on the market, and pairs well with Intel's HCC CPUs.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X299 Extreme4 Overview]
- Page 3 [ASROCK X299 Extreme4 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASROCK X299 Extreme4 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bad Habit release new trailer for Switch title Marble It Up!
- Keep calm as Dark Souls Remastered debuts to Nintendo Switch
- Android 17 officially joins Dragon Ball FighterZ roster
- Battlerite Royale Early Access trailer released
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, official launch trailer released
- Silicon Motion SM2262EN Preview: Micron 96-Layer TLC
- Need Advice 7800X OC
- Dial +1-844-319-0999 Dell technical support phone number for Dell help
- For Sale [10 Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $5,990CAD
- Recommendations replacing my Asus laptop Wifi adapter
- Xola Online Booking Platform Launches Travel Industry's First App Marketplace for In-Destination Tour and Activity Providers
- Creative's Super X-Fi Magical Headphone Holography Launches
- New ELiMENT Duplex LC Uniboot Connector Offers Highly Engineered Process and Ease of Installation
- Sevatec Announces Partnership with George Mason University
- VOTI DETECTION Announces the Launch of a Powerful Compact Table Top 3D Perspective X-Ray Security Scanner