Packaging and Overview
The box for the Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 is basic and focused on gaming. Packaging is simple as well.
The accessory package includes four SATA6Gb/s cables, IO shield, G-Connector, case badge, manual, and driver DVD.
The Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 has five fan headers; they are hybrid headers that operate in PWM or DC mode. You can change their mode and operating curves through Windows or through the UEFI. The header circled in blue is a pump header designed to run full speed at default, all headers should be rated up to 1A of current. The back of the motherboard is bare of components except for some RGB LEDs.
The rear IO panel features PS/2 keyboard and mouse, DVI, HDMI, USB 3.1 type-C, USB 3.1 type-A, four USB 3.0 ports, two USB 2.0 ports, 1Gbit LAN, and 7.1 audio outputs.
The topmost PCI-E x16 slot is routed directly to the CPU. All other slots are routed to the PCH, and the second x16 slot is electrically x4 and shares bandwidth with the M.2 slot above it. All of the PCI-E x1 slots are routed to the PCH, two of them share bandwidth. The motherboard features four right-angled SATA6Gb/s slots, and a GPIO header is located right above them for ThunderBolt.
There are two M.2 slots, the top slot is routed to the PCH and supports PCI-E and SATA drives, but if you use a SATA drive, SATA port 0 is disabled. The second M.2 slot is routed to the PCH but shares all bandwidth with the PCI-E slot right below it, and it only supports PCI-E based M.2 drives.
The motherboard offers up two USB 3.0 internal headers located right below the 24-pin power connector. Two of the SATA6Gb/s ports are angled straight and right near them are the four boot LEDs. The front panel headers and Clear CMOS header are located in the lower right corner of the motherboard.
We find two sets of RGBW and digital/addressable 12v/5v RGB headers. One is at the top right corner of the motherboard and the other at the bottom left corner. To change the voltage of the digital/addressable header you just move the jumper from default 5v mode to 12v mode.
We also find two USB 2.0 internal headers on the motherboard near the TPM header. The VRM heat sinks use a push pin system to attach to the motherboard, while the PCH heat sink is screwed down.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- EA cancels new Star Wars game, disrupts release timeline
- New Evil Dead game still happening
- Digital-only Xbox One may have pre-loaded services, games
- Xbox Game Pass is wildly successful
- Netflix's new price hike is biggest in company history
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Problem with RAM Overclock
- Comparison of directory opus and xyplorer
- Z390 Taichi Error Code 99 and A2
- The Silent Guardian: Antec present new Quiet Computing P101 Silent
- A Hero's Journey - Latest Total War: Three Kingdoms Cinematic Showcases A Jaw-Dropping China
- Pre-Order Metro Exodus From Any Physical Retailer To Secure An Exclusive Poster
- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment An IO Interactive Launch Hitman HD Enhanced Collection
- Acer Debuts All-New Swift 7 with Compact Design and Incredible Screen-to-body Ratio