X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Circuit Analysis Continued
The Realtek ALC1220 is used as the audio codec and offers 120dB output on an amplified rail. MSI adds in a Texas Instruments OP1652 operational amplifier for the front headphone outputs as well as Gold series Nippon-Chemicon audio capacitors and then divides the audio PCB from the rest of the motherboard to improve audio quality.
The Intel i211AT NIC is used for wired LAN while the Intel Wireless AC 8265 is used for wireless AC. The motherboard offers BIOS recovery through USB BIOS flashback (chip labeled 504N), and uses a 128Mbit ROM to store the actual ROM.
Intel's i211AT is used as the main Gbit NIC from Intel. ASMedia's ASM3142 USB 3.1 controller provides rear USB 3.1, and an ASMedia ASM1543 operates as the type-C port's switch and CC logic chip.
The USB 3.1 type-C internal header gets another ASM1543, and also gets a Pericom PI3EQX USB 3.1 re-driver to re-drive the integrated USB 3.1 signal. A Renesas R5F104 micro-controller is used to control all the RGB LED functionality on the motherboard.
The ICS 9FGL121CAGLF and ICS BV0831AIL are used to help CPU base clock overclocking, and I assume to allow for more than 7 simultaneous devices to operate connected to the CPU. They also seem to use an ASMedia ASM1480 for some type of switching of their signals along with the integrated signal of the platform.
The Nuvoton NCT6795D is the main SuperIO controller and provides the PS/2 on the rear IO as well as system management. We find two Nuvoton NCT5655Y GPIO chips that help to extend the SuperIO's fan control capabilities throughout the motherboard.
We found multiple ASMedia ASM1464 re-drivers for USB 3.0 on the rear IO.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The MSI X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC (AMD X399) Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The MSI X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC (AMD X399) Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Overview]
- Page 3 [MSI X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [MSI X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Spyro Reiginited Trilogy may get subtitles added soon
- Piccolo/Cell/Kenshin and Shishio added to Jump Force roster
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate post-launch rumor, more content?
- Switch SMITE scheduled for Jan 24th launch, pre-orders live
- Amazon depleted of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate stock
- Crucial P1 500GB NVMe SSD - $100 NVMe
- Narrow bezel on a metallic chassis MSI PS42 14 Thin & Light Laptop Review
- is a supplement this is
- 'Koala Stoner Noir' Free Demo Released Today. Full Game Updated With New Map Location And Cinema Experience
- TRENDnet launches long-range PoE+ switches
- ADATA Launches Ultimate SU630 3D QLC NAND SSD
- Razer announces the BlackWidow Lite
- ASUS ROG Announces ROG Strix Radeon RX 590 Graphics Card