Our next test for this new setup is seeing how range affects performance. With this, we start at 10Ft and move out to 30Ft. Routers are tested in their default configuration for this part, the client device is the iPhone 7 Plus.
The Titan is the dark green line in the next few charts and on the subject of 2.4GHz throughput we see at 10ft a solid 80 Mbps while moving out its drops slowly to 66 MBps at 30ft.
The 5GHz band, on the other hand, starts off at 515Mbps at 10ft and moving out to 20Ft we see a rather large drop in performance but a slight rebound at 30ft to 349Mbps.
Pushing the router to the max, we push to see how many connections this router can handle and watch the performance drop off with it. For the Titan, we started at 948Mbps and held above 900Mbps through 128 connections. After this, we fell off to 694Mbps at 256 connections and finished at 505Mbps at 512 connections.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook stock drops $50 billion in two days, biggest ever
- GeForce 391.24 WHQL drivers: Game Ready for Sea of Thieves
- The Matrix launches on 4K Blu-ray on May 22
- GIGABYTE releases RX 580 Gaming Box, portable mining box!!
- NVIDIA powers 92.2% of VR gamers, leaves AMD with just 7.8%
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit