The Fatal1ty Z370 Professional Gaming i7 shows us the goods when the heat sink comes off.
The VRM on the Fatal1ty Z370 Professional Gaming i7 is in an 8+4 phase configuration for the CPU core and the iGPU phases. The Intersil ISL69138 is used as the PWM controller and supports up to 7 phases on two rails (4+2 here). The main CPU rail gets four PWM channels, and the iGPU rail gets two PWM channels.
Each phase gets a 60A inductor and uses Sinopower SM7341EH rated around 25A each, just like NexFETs and Fairchild semiconductor dual N-Channel MOSFETs that are popular. Two APW8720 PWM controllers with integrated drivers are used for the VCCSA and VCCIO single phase VRMs that use the same dual-N channel MOSFETs as the main CPU VRM.
Each PWM channel seems to output to two ISL6596 N-channel MOSFET drivers for the VCore and iGPU, each phase gets its own driver, but there is no doubler, so two phases will be on at one time instead of just one. The memory VRM uses a UPI uP1674P PWM controller with integrated drivers and outputs to the Sinopower SM7341EH dual N-Channel MOSFETs as used in the CPU VRM.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Fatal1ty Z370 Professional Gaming i7 Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 Professional Gaming i7 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Luigi's Balloon World/new outfits for Super Mario Odyssey
- Nintendo Switch adds another 18 new games in a week
- Paladins remove their loot box system after community uproar
- New Battlefield title will be available at EA PLAY 2018
- Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Trilogy coming to Nintendo Switch
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- For Sale 5 Pieces Apple iPhone 8 64GB Brand New Unlocked $2,795
- Ryzen (1000-Series) Overclocking Guide
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit