Version and / or Patch Used: 3.0 Technical Preview
CrystalDiskMark is disk benchmark software that allows us to benchmark 4k and 4k queue depths with accuracy. Note: Crystal Disk Mark 3.0 Technical Preview was used for these tests since it offers the ability to measure native command queuing at QD4. With this version of CDM, we are focused on 4K random performance at QD1 and QD4.
Focusing in on 4K QD1 and 4K QD4, we can see that the 860 Pro is only outperformed by the Intel 545s at QD1. However, the 545s is reading from its SLC cache layer meaning it can only deliver this kind of random read performance at QD1 when data is already cached. With this in mind, the 860 Pro's performance at QD1 is more realistic and more impressive. Looking at QD4, we see that the 860 Pro again sets another lab record for SATA. At 184 MB/s the 860 Pro is delivering performance that is at or near many NVMe SSDs currently on the market.
At QD1, the 860 Pro delivers yet another lab record for Windows 10. Samsung stated that the 860 Pro is their most powerful SATA SSD to date and that is proving to be a true statement - even when compared to previous models with a huge capacity advantage. At QD4, the 860 Pro matches the best we've seen even from SSDs with the advantage of an SLC buffer.
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.8.5611.39791
AS SSD determines the performance of SSDs. The tool contains four synthetic as well as three practice tests. The synthetic tests are to determine the sequential and random read and write performance of the SSD. We focus on total score when evaluating AS SSD results.
AS SSD is a demanding test. With AS SSD we are looking for a minimum score of 1000. Yet again, the 860 Pro sets a lab record for SATA. Keep in mind that with the limited bandwidth of the SATA III interface, a few points are a big deal because most SSDs are bottlenecked by the limitations of the interface.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Samsung 860 Pro 1TB SATA III SSD retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Samsung 860 Pro 1TB SATA III SSD retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Luigi's Balloon World/new outfits for Super Mario Odyssey
- Nintendo Switch adds another 18 new games in a week
- Paladins remove their loot box system after community uproar
- New Battlefield title will be available at EA PLAY 2018
- Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Trilogy coming to Nintendo Switch
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- For Sale 5 Pieces Apple iPhone 8 64GB Brand New Unlocked $2,795
- Ryzen (1000-Series) Overclocking Guide
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit