Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler
This edge of the NH-L12S is where the fin stack stops, and we can see the Noctua logo punched into the natural, brushed aluminum, fin, with the four pipe tips sticking through it. The fan hanging below has the Noctua name upside down, which means the fan blows up through the stack.
Spinning the cooler to the left, we now have a view of all fifty-eight fins in the stack, and we can also see each fin is spaced with a tab bend over at the side. The wire fan clip latches to grooves on the side, and is not taller than the top of the fins.
When the pipes leave the base, there are very close together. As the rise to the fin stack, they are evenly angled, to distribute the heat load into the fins evenly, so that the fan has a better chance of removing it. We can also see the cloth braid covered fan lead, which ends in a 4-pin PWM connection.
Even though the cooler needs the pipes to start in one direction, and be bent twice to get back through the fins, we find elegant bends. The bottom bends are gentle, while the top ones have to make it to ninety degrees, but do it with a graceful curve.
The view from above the NH-L12S is one of aluminum. Not only are the sides of the fins supported, but we also find four strips on the leading and trailing edges, where each fin is kept spaced equidistant from the others. There are three square tunnels in the fins, and these are for access to mounting the hardware to the base in the middle (done at the factory) and the pair on either side to mount the cooler to the SecuFirm2 hardware.
Moving in closer to the base, we can not only see the aluminum top section of the base, and how tightly it fits the heat pipes, but we can also see the cross-bar mounting solution and the spring loaded screws already attached to the base.
Under the NH-L12S we see the NF-A12x15 PWM fan in all of its bold colored glory. We can also see the hard plastic base protection cap use on this cooler, which locks onto the base of the cooler, and ensures no damage occurs to it.
The copper base had been nickel plated after the milling process, but if you look closely we can still see fine lines left in the finish. The base is slightly convex, and will deliver superior contact in combination with the foolproof SecuFirm2 hardware.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Fortnite makes $100 million on iOS in just 90 days
- Psyonix introduces new cosmetic Rocket Pass system
- Steam gives option to view user accounts 'total spendings'
- Sony launch PlayStation Hits, amazing titles for only $20
- Former Sony boss says cross-play block is 'money' related
- Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Asus X401A Laptop will not boot despite several replaced components -- Second attempt
- DDR4-3400 - Ryzen 7 1800x & Ryzen 7 2700x - X370 & X470
- LaCie DJI Co-Pilot 2TB Review
- Dumb question regarding moderator approval
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit