Here are key points about the ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming.
Nice VRM: While it might not use crazy high-end components, compared to other AM4 mini-ITX motherboards the ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac carries a decent VRM consisting of six dual N-channel MOSFETs for the main CPU voltage and two doubled up phases for the SoC. We had no trouble hitting the same CPU OC as on our ATX sized motherboards.
Intel WIFI and Wired Networking: We find a high-end Intel Gbit LAN NIC, the i211AT on the motherboard. For Wireless AC ASRock went with a 2x2 867Mbps Wireless-AC controller, which provided solid performance.
Connector Positioning: The RGB and single USB 2.0 internal headers are located right near the CPU socket, which is great for AMD CPU coolers. The USB, SATA, and front panel headers are all located near the edge of the motherboard where they belong. The fan headers are also located in easy to reach areas.
Support for iGPUs: Some AM4 APUs already exist and others will come out soon, and the X370 Gaming-ITX/ac fully supports them with dual HDMI ports.
Dual HDMI Only for iGPU: We don't find crazy amount of USB 3.0 at the rear, in fact much of the chipset features aren't used, instead we find two HDMI ports. These ports are only really useful if you use a CPU with a GPU, such as an APU.
The ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac offers many high-end features such as USB 3.1, Intel LAN, the Realtek ALC1220, Ultra M.2, Intel WIFI, and platform features all at a reasonable price. It is also one of few X370 motherboards to offer iGPU outputs for APUs.
The motherboard is not without its faults, for starters the rear IO trades USB 3.0 for HDMI, memory overclocking wasn't that amazing, and not all features are implemented mainly because some of them would go unused if you use an APU instead of a Ryzen 3/5/7 CPU. If you want a solid X370 mini-ITX motherboard that strikes a balance between APU and CPU support, the X370 Gaming-ITX/ac is worth a look.
The ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac is a solid motherboard with a great feature set and high quality controllers at a reasonable price.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Performance (including Overclocking)||89%|
|Quality including Design and Build||90%|
|Value for Money||91%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||91%|
The Bottom Line: The ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac is a solid motherboard with a great feature set and high quality controllers at a reasonable price.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Paladins remove their loot box system after community uproar
- New Battlefield title will be available at EA PLAY 2018
- Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Trilogy coming to Nintendo Switch
- Coffee Lake CPUs multiply, Core i5-8500 and Core i5-8600
- Tesla's electric Semi truck is FAST, tires start smoking
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- For Sale 5 Pieces Apple iPhone 8 64GB Brand New Unlocked $2,795
- Ryzen (1000-Series) Overclocking Guide
- For Sale (40 Pieces) Apple iPhone X 64GB $17,960 Brand New Unlocked
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit