Here are key points about the GIGABYTE Z370XP SLI.
Strong Controller Choices: At this price point we don't typically find high-end controllers, but we do get the Intel NIC on this more affordable sub-$200 Z370 motherboard. We also find ASMedia's ASM3142 and Realtek's ALC1220, two chips that could have easily been replaced with lower-tier alternatives such as last generation parts.
No Hubs: All of the USB is directly routed to the PCH, which means that none of their bandwidth goes through hubs that are typically used to increase the amount of USB 3.0.
Fan Control: We find five hybrid fan headers on the motherboard, and they can all be easily controlled through the UEFI or System Information Viewer in Windows.
Legacy Support: We find a fully functional COM port, but right next to it is an LPT port. That means you can hook up your legacy LPT devices like a parallel port printer, but good luck finding Windows 10 drivers. We also get both keyboard and mouse PS/2 ports so that you can use your ball based mouse from 1999. Joking aside, these features are useful to those that require them and they don't really take up much space since GIGABYTE didn't fill the rear IO with display outputs. Having both is useful for many older KVM switches.
Dual BIOS: We do find two BIOS ROMs on the motherboard for extra protection.
Basic RGB: The LEDs on the underside of the motherboard that illuminate the XMP writing and the audio divide are red, and don't offer any other color. The RGB header is also just a normal RGB header, no RGBW or digital RGB headers are found on the motherboard, but neither is an ITE RGB controller.
The GIGABYTE Z370XP SLI is a basic board with a solid native and 3rd party feature ecosystem. While this price point might not seem that low to many, considering Z370 prices, the Z370XP SLI is on the more affordable end of the spectrum. Even on the low-end of the price spectrum GIGABYTE made sure to use good quality controllers, and included USB 3.1. I like how all the USB 3.0 ports (total 10, 6R/4I) are directly routed to the PCH, and how the last x4 slot is routed to the PCH.
The motherboard also offers a lot of legacy features, and even an LPT header, which should make it a decent motherboard for legacy environments. I will say the motherboard's MOSFETs aren't of the highest quality, but GIGABYTE did heat sink all of them and the heat pads reveal that pressure on the MOSFETs is high (a good thing). That means you will be able to cool VRM when overclocking as long as you have decent airflow around the VRM area. Overall, I found that the motherboard is an excellent choice if you need a solid, yet basic reasonably priced Z370 motherboard.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Performance (including Overclocking)||89%|
|Quality including Design and Build||88%|
|Value for Money||95%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||91%|
The Bottom Line: The Z370XP-SLI is a well-rounded board designed to offer high-end features at a reasonable price.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE Z370XP SLI (Intel Z370) Motherboard retails for £ at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z370XP SLI Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z370XP SLI Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z370XP SLI Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- System Shock 2: Enhanced Edition will have improved co-op multiplayer
- PlayStation 5 patent teased with V-shaped ventilation system
- Disney whistleblower tells SEC company defrauded BILLIONS of dollars
- WD launches new super-fast external gaming drives with up to 2GB/sec
- Neo returns in Matrix 4, Keanu Reeves to star
- Pengo USB-C Dock Review
- Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev. 1.3 F12 to UEFI
- Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev. 1.3 F12 to UEFI
- Corsair K57 RGB Wireless Gaming Keyboard Review
- I5-8250U laptop throttling while gaming. New fan, new heat sink yet, new thermal yet no avail. Please help.
- Yubico Launches the World's First Lightning-Compatible Security Key, the YubiKey 5Ci
- Monkey King: Hero Is Back Pre-Orders Now Open on Steam
- Lionsgate and Bloober Team Release New Blair Witch 'Insanity' Story Trailer
- PINBRAWLER CREATURE IN THE WELL PRE-ORDERS NOW LIVE GAME LAUNCHES SEPTEMBER 6
- NEW DATING SIM GAME ANNOUNCED: NOW WITH 100% MORE DOGS You'll want to get your paws on this one On Valentine's Day, 2020