Here are key points about the GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI.
Triple Intel NICs: You get two 1Git LAN ports, both using Intel controllers, and then you also get a single Intel Wireless AC card. The best part is that the Wireless AC card is using Intel's 8265 controller, which is rated for 867Mbps rather than a 433Mbps wireless-AC card. Considering this is a Mini-ITX motherboard, it's nice to see the increase in network connectivity.
USB 3.0: GIGABYTE directly routes six USB 3.0 ports to the rear IO without using a hub, and that isn't very common even on ATX motherboards. Another USB 3.0 port type-C ports is also on the rear IO, and it's also directly routed to the PCH. The PCH allows for up to 10 directly routed USB 3.0 ports, but most vendors only provide 6-8 because you lose a few PCI-E lanes.
Dual M.2: While we find one M.2 on the rear of the PCB like on most mini-ITX motherboards, we also find another under a heat sink on the topside of the motherboard. The good news here is that the M.2 slots don't share lanes with the SATA ports, so you can run all at the same time.
HDMI 2.0: HDMI 2.0 is required for streaming certain services such as Netlifx in 4K because of the HDCP 2.2 requirement, and GIGABYTE added on the hardware to support it.
RGB LED Support: You not only get GIGABYTE's RGB/RGBW LED header, but you also get GIGABYTE's 12v/5v digital RGB LED header, so you get a lot of lighting options.
Rear IO Audio: There are only three audio ports on the rear IO and no S/PDIF output, so if you want or need more audio connectivity you need to use the internal headers.
Cooling: If you are going to overclock the 8700K to 5GHz for 24/7 use and you are watercooling your CPU you need airflow over the VRM heat sink or good positive pressure inside your case.
No USB 3.1: Pretty self-explanatory, the rear IO only offers USB 3.0.
The GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI is a very decent Z370 mini-ITX motherboard from GIGABYTE. While GIGABYTE has gone more of the basic route in the past with their mini-ITX offerings, such as only offering a 4-pin CPU power connector, but that isn't the case here.
GIGABYTE has given the Z370N WIFI the right stuff to be competitive and do well in the enthusiast Z370 mini-ITX market. It even carries GIGABYTE's premium RGB LED headers, connectivity, fan headers, and dual M.2 slots. While the VRM might not be the best, it gets the job done as long as you can cool it down. The Z370N WIFI is a solid mini-ITX motherboard that's definitely worth a look.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||91%|
The Bottom Line: GIGABYTE's Z370N WIFI is loaded with networking options, USB 3.0, and other features such a digital RGB LED support and HDMI 2.0.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z370N WIFI Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Paladins remove their loot box system after community uproar
- New Battlefield title will be available at EA PLAY 2018
- Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Trilogy coming to Nintendo Switch
- Coffee Lake CPUs multiply, Core i5-8500 and Core i5-8600
- Tesla's electric Semi truck is FAST, tires start smoking
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- For Sale 5 Pieces Apple iPhone 8 64GB Brand New Unlocked $2,795
- Ryzen (1000-Series) Overclocking Guide
- For Sale (40 Pieces) Apple iPhone X 64GB $17,960 Brand New Unlocked
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit