X299 Designare EX Circuit Analysis Continued
The audio hardware isn't that crazy; it is a simple Realtek ALC1220 with WIMA film capacitors and Nippon Chemicon audio capacitors.
GIGABYTE used both Intel's i219v PHY and Intel i211AT, which provide two Intel Gbit NICs.
The WIFI controller is the Intel Wireless-AC 8265NGW, which is very common on high-end systems. We find one ASMedia ASM3142, which is used as a USB 3.1 controller for the type-C internal header.
We also found Intel's new JHL6540 ThunderBolt 3 controller, which outputs two type-C Thunderbolt 3 ports. For correct handling and power delivery of the type-C ports two Texas Instruments TPS65982 controllers are used. However we also need power for those ports, and that's where two ON Semiconductor NCP3235 15A high current buck converters.
The Realtek RTS5411 chip is a USB 3.0 hub, and takes one USB 3.0 port and outputs four. An ASMedia ASM1061 produces two extra SATA6Gb/s ports for a total of eight.
The NXP DBTL08GP053 multi-output/input 10Gb/s PCI-E switch is used for switching around all the different bandwidth around the PCI-E slots and M.2 slot. An ICS6V41742A clock generator enhances BCLK overclocking.
The main SuperIO is an IT8686E, which controls system management functions like monitoring, and provides PS/2 for the rear IO. An IT8795E expands fan control and temperature monitoring.
An ITE IT8951 is used to provide BIOS recovery through a USB drive; they call it Q-Flash Plus. The IT8295FN is used as a microcontroller that provides digital RGB LED support.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X299 Designare EX Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rainbow Six Siege free-to-play trail beginning August 16th
- Rune: Ragnarok receives teaser trailer, screenshots & PC req
- Hi-Rez Studios announces creation of 3 distinct new studios
- Team17 announce New Game+ for Overcooked 2
- Dark Souls Remastered arrives on the Nintendo Switch Oct 19
- TRENDnet TWC-L10 Wi-Fi Light Bulb Security Camera Review
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- Legendary Actor Patrick Stewart To Narrate My Memory of Us
- Hi-Rez Studios Establishes New Development Studios, Strengthens Publishing Position
- Guardians of the Sky Arrives for TERA PC with Aerial Content and Limited Time Loot
- Lian Li Fuse Classic Brushed Aluminum and Modern RGB Lighting with new LANCOOL ONE Chassis
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution