Packaging and Overview
The motherboard and box are well designed, and the motherboard is protected by its own foam tray and an anti-static bag.
The accessory package includes four SATA6Gb/s cables, two WIFI Antenna, IO shield, SLI HB bridge, 3-way SLI bridge, case badge, manuals, postcard, and driver DVD.
ASROCK put five fan headers on the X299 Taichi XE, all of them can operate in DC/PWM mode except for the CPU fan header which is a PWM fan header. There are two headers circled in blue, which are pump headers, so they operate at full speed by default. The motherboard uses ASRock's "gears" theme, which has become quite popular along with the Taichi motherboards. ASRock moved a lot of components to the rear of the motherboard to improve the look of the motherboard.
The IO shield offers two USB 2.0 ports, PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse port, WIFI connectors, BIOS FlashBack button, Clear CMOS button, four USB 3.0 ports, USB 3.1 type-A, USB 3.1 type-C, two 1Gbit NICs, and 7.l1 gold plated audio with S/PDIF out.
The PCI-E lane allotment isn't straightforward, so I will list the speeds according to PCI-E slots PCIE1/PCIE2/PCIE3/PCIE5 as per the manual. With a 44 lane CPU you get x16/x8/x16/x0 or x8/x8/x16/x8, with 28 lanes you get x16/x0/x8/x0 or x8/x0/x8/x8, and with 16 lanes you get x16/x0/x0/x0 or x8/x0/x4/x0. That means that the 16 lane CPUs won't support SLI, only CrossFireX. The three 32Gb/s M.2 slots all have one link to SATA ports 0,1, and 7, the manual will tell you which are shared. The M2_1 slot gets its bandwidth from the CPU, so with a 16 lane CPU, you will have to run your GPU at x8 if you want to use the slot. There is one PCI-E x1 slot routed to the PCH through an ASMedia hub, so it runs at PCI-E 2.0.
There are ten SATA6Gb/s ports, two of them are from ASMedia controller. There is one right angled USB 3.0 header and one straight angled USB 3.0 header, both get their bandwidth from an ASMedia USB 3.0 hub.
ASRock added a second 8-pin power connector to the motherboard so that it can better support the new 18-core Intel CPUs. There is an RGB LED header at the top right corner of the motherboard.
We find a POST code display in the bottom right corner of the motherboard to the left of the front panel case header. There are two USB 2.0 internal headers to the right of a TPM header. A ThunderBolt 3 GPIO header is located to the left of a TPM header.
We find a VROC header to the right of another RGB LED header.
The motherboard features a new redesigned VRM heat sink that provides much better VRM cooling.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X299 Taichi XE Overview]
- Page 3 [ASROCK X299 Taichi XE Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASROCK X299 Taichi XE Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- System Shock 2: Enhanced Edition will have improved co-op multiplayer
- PlayStation 5 patent teased with V-shaped ventilation system
- Disney whistleblower tells SEC company defrauded BILLIONS of dollars
- WD launches new super-fast external gaming drives with up to 2GB/sec
- Neo returns in Matrix 4, Keanu Reeves to star
- Pengo USB-C Dock Review
- Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev. 1.3 F12 to UEFI
- Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev. 1.3 F12 to UEFI
- Corsair K57 RGB Wireless Gaming Keyboard Review
- I5-8250U laptop throttling while gaming. New fan, new heat sink yet, new thermal yet no avail. Please help.
- Yubico Launches the World's First Lightning-Compatible Security Key, the YubiKey 5Ci
- Monkey King: Hero Is Back Pre-Orders Now Open on Steam
- Lionsgate and Bloober Team Release New Blair Witch 'Insanity' Story Trailer
- PINBRAWLER CREATURE IN THE WELL PRE-ORDERS NOW LIVE GAME LAUNCHES SEPTEMBER 6
- NEW DATING SIM GAME ANNOUNCED: NOW WITH 100% MORE DOGS You'll want to get your paws on this one On Valentine's Day, 2020