SteelSeries Rival 600 Gaming Mouse
The left of the Rival 600 is reminiscent of the shapes seen in the Rival 500, but this time with fewer buttons. The removable side panel offers a trio of buttons, a large rubber thumb grip area, and sections off the front from the back. Just above and behind the tallest section of the side panel is an LED strip, which holds three-zones of the RGB LEDs in it.
The side panel is held into place with a pair of round magnets near the bottom, and we also see three "+" shaped holes for the side buttons to go through the panel and make contact with the switches inside of the mouse. Near the bottom is a rubber insert with square holes, which is where four of the adjustable weights can be added.
The heel of the mouse is very angular, not just in the way the rear edge is shaped, but also with the angular body lines coming from the front of the mouse. Right smack in the middle of the heel, we do find the SteelSeries logo, which is one of the many LED zones.
The right side of the mouse is shaped similarly to what we saw on the left, but due to its right-handed design, there are no buttons on this side. We do see a pair of rubber pads on this side though, which makes lifting the Rival 600 a breeze.
The right side panel is also removable, held into place with a pair of magnets, and again has room for adjustable weights. The four opening here, along with the four on the other side, allows for a total of 32 additional grams of weight.
At the front we can see the ergonomic lean of the top, catering to right-hand gamers. The main buttons are split, all the way back to the CPI button, and are convex in shape to cradle the fingers. The lower half of the mouse comes up to the buttons on the sides, but in the middle, it is cut away to allow the Micro-USB end of the cable to be plugged into the Rival 600.
The view from above the Rival 600 shows how wide the gap is between the main buttons, the highly styled rubber scroll wheel, and the dual selection CPI button. We can also see that the shiny black sides contrast the rubber pads and soft touch coatings, and we can even make out the RGB strips much better from this angle.
Under the mouse, we see one larger foot in the front, and two much smaller feet at the back. The product sticker is placed low, which allows the main tacking sensor, the larger of the two, and the LOD sensor above it.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The SteelSeries Rival 600 Gaming Mouse retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The SteelSeries Rival 600 Gaming Mouse retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [SteelSeries Rival 600 Gaming Mouse]
- Page 4 [Inside the Rival 600]
- Page 5 [SteelSeries Engine 3 Software]
- Page 6 [Gaming and General Impressions]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Anthem's new patch adds replayable missions, tweaks loot
- NVIDIA better celebrate 4/20 with GeForce 420.00 drivers
- Like Twin Peaks and X-Files? Check out Remedy's Control
- Why EA is firing 350 employees: it's all about business
- Hitman 2 'Expansion Pass' update adds DX12 support, March 26
- Fan xpert 4 resets at every restart
- H81M-C/CSM and Haswell refresh
- H81M-C/CSM and Haswell refresh
- The Division 2 Benchmarked: 20 Graphics Cards Tested
- MSI MEG X399 CREATION (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- Dead Cells New, Free DLC 'Rise of the Giant' Animated Trailer Showcases All New Ways to Die in Dead Cells
- Morel Audio releases Hogtalare Speaker System
- Introducing New Streaming Bundles From BLD by NZXT
- Stylish Turn Based RPG Grimshade out today on Steam
- Othercide Reveals New Gameplay Trailer