Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation
With red, white and black used as the backdrop, we see the Rival 600 from the top, with one side removed showing the adjustable weight system. There is an image of the pair of sensors under the mouse at the top, and at the bottom are icons noting the true 1 to 1 tracking, state of the art LOD detection, and the 256 combinations of ways the weights can be used.
At the top of the side panel we see a trophy, and next to it we are told more eSports wins are had with SteelSeries products. We then move into a specifications chart of sorts, and at the bottom is the company and model name for the mouse.
The back of the box is white, which allows for all of the details in the image to stand out. Not only do we get a view under the Rival 600 with a look at both sensors and the placement of them, but we can also see four weights on both sides, and notice that both sides of the mouse are removable. The bottom of this panel has information on the Truemove 3+ sensor, the weight system, and the split-trigger design.
The last panel is very colorful with all sorts of designs and colors used for the background. We do see the SteelSeries and Rival 600 at the top, but the point of this panel is to highlight the 8-Zone RGB lighting.
Opening the outer packaging, we found another box inside, which is matte black. On the panel with is lifted to expose the Rival 600 inside of it, we are given a mission statement and an explanation as to what comes together to produce the Rival 600.
With the panel opened, we did find a pouch inside of it containing the paperwork, with a foam pad attached to it to keep the mouse pressed into place. Surrounding the Rival 600 is black plastic which does well to contain the mouse and keeping damage at bay. The cardboard section on the right contains the USB cable and weights, and has a tab on it to make removal easier.
The rubberized cable is bundled up and contained inside of a plastic sleeve. There is a USB 2.0 connection for the PC with an address to obtain the drivers and software, and to connect to the mouse is a Micro-USB connection. The Rival 600 also ships with a rubber container which slits open. Inside of it are the eight four-gram weights which can be added in any fashion you see fit.
This guide is multilingual, and in each section, Steelseries covers the software, contents, requirements, product overview, and setup and calibration information. While some sections like the software section could do with a bit more information, all sections will get even the most novice user quickly associated with what the Rival 600 can do, and how to go about making it happen.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The SteelSeries Rival 600 Gaming Mouse retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The SteelSeries Rival 600 Gaming Mouse retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [SteelSeries Rival 600 Gaming Mouse]
- Page 4 [Inside the Rival 600]
- Page 5 [SteelSeries Engine 3 Software]
- Page 6 [Gaming and General Impressions]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Snoop Dogg receives first copy of Spyro Reignited via drone
- First live action Pokemon Detective Pikachu trailer released
- NES Controller pre-order available for Switch Online members
- PlayStation's Black Friday Sale: $199 = 1TB PS4 + Spider-Man
- New Jump Force fighters: SSGSS Vegeta/Goku & Golden Frieza
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- Convert MBOX File Format to PST Format
- OLM to PST Converter
- Asustor AS6302T 2-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms