Inside the Define R6
Now that we have removed the bezel, we can see the front of the chassis. There is a 5.25" bay at the top, but it is removable. Doing so expands the cooling seen here to be able to install three 120mm fans instead of just two, like the 140mm fans we see installed now. The dust cover found in the bezel is removable from the other side, and the mesh is fine as to clean the intake air thoroughly.
The inside of the Define R6 is closed off at the bottom, and the view of the right third is also blocked by a cover with the Fractal Design name pressed into it, which is held in place with thumbscrews at this time. The rest of the chassis is wide open to accept the main components, leaving the internal layout to change based on usage requirements.
The panel at the front of the chassis is held into a frame, and both cover the view of the four white HDD trays. Seeing screws here has us wondering, is there access to wires, or just what is it going on there to require thumbscrews?
Removing the panel, we find what appears to be a rack for optical drives or stacked, securely mounted hard drives. However, you could use this for surface mounting a drive to it, or rigging up a way for it to hold water cooling components, and keep them hidden from view. Taking it one step further, both the drive trays and the assembly seen here can all be removed too.
With the top inset panel removed, we can see the latches and metal tabs acting as springs to work with the panel. The steel section seen in the recess is removable so that you can install fans or water cooling components to it, and then drop it into the case.
The motherboard tray gives us four holes with grommets in them, and three much smaller holes without them for wires to pass through. There are also eleven tie points which can be seen in just the tray, but there are a few more along the front as well.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ONRUSH gameplay trailer reveals new game modes
- YouTube star John 'TotalBiscuit' Bain has died age 33
- God of War reaches a massive 5 million units sold
- The Wolf Among Us Season Two hit with 2019 delay
- Nintendo's '2nd Unit Set' for the Switch is dockless, $230
- Buy 10 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (Site www.BizFests.com) 128GB $2,740
- Buy 10 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $2,740
- 2 New Half-Life 2 Developers videos
- the best value, budget upgrade for me
- best value budget upgrade path
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit