Inside the Define R6
Now that we have removed the bezel, we can see the front of the chassis. There is a 5.25" bay at the top, but it is removable. Doing so expands the cooling seen here to be able to install three 120mm fans instead of just two, like the 140mm fans we see installed now. The dust cover found in the bezel is removable from the other side, and the mesh is fine as to clean the intake air thoroughly.
The inside of the Define R6 is closed off at the bottom, and the view of the right third is also blocked by a cover with the Fractal Design name pressed into it, which is held in place with thumbscrews at this time. The rest of the chassis is wide open to accept the main components, leaving the internal layout to change based on usage requirements.
The panel at the front of the chassis is held into a frame, and both cover the view of the four white HDD trays. Seeing screws here has us wondering, is there access to wires, or just what is it going on there to require thumbscrews?
Removing the panel, we find what appears to be a rack for optical drives or stacked, securely mounted hard drives. However, you could use this for surface mounting a drive to it, or rigging up a way for it to hold water cooling components, and keep them hidden from view. Taking it one step further, both the drive trays and the assembly seen here can all be removed too.
With the top inset panel removed, we can see the latches and metal tabs acting as springs to work with the panel. The steel section seen in the recess is removable so that you can install fans or water cooling components to it, and then drop it into the case.
The motherboard tray gives us four holes with grommets in them, and three much smaller holes without them for wires to pass through. There are also eleven tie points which can be seen in just the tray, but there are a few more along the front as well.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ROME: Total War is coming to iPhone, August 23rd
- Micron Outs In-House High Performance NVMe SSD Controller
- Silicon Motion Details SM2270 Enterprise SSD Controller
- Fullbright's Gone Hone will debut to the Nintendo Switch
- Dr. Strange/Avengers buildings spotted in Spider-Man trailer
- Buy (10 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $1,500
- Buy (5 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $1,150
- TRENDnet TWC-L10 Wi-Fi Light Bulb Security Camera Review
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada
- Razer NOMMO Pro is Available For Purchase
- Beat-'Em-Up Coffee Crisis Out On Xbox One Today
- New World Boss Karanda Coming to Black Desert Online SEA