Plextor M9Pe PCIe NVMe SSD
The front face of the packaging has an attractive RGB type look to it featuring every color of the rainbow. The drive's capacity is advertised as is the limited 5-year warranty, NVMe interface, formfactor, and exclusive features.
The back of the packaging lists factory performance specs for each capacity.
Opening the inner box reveals the AIC drive is well protected by a thick molded plastic carrier tray. The GN model is protected by a clear plastic clamshell container.
Front view of both drives.
Rear view of both drives. The 512GB GN model is a single-sided design. The back half of the Y version is just the back half of the AIC adapter. The black color will go well with any color scheme.
This side of the drive is where the RGB goodness is displayed.
Removing the heat sink voids the warranty and reveals the M.2 x 2280 SSD that is mounted to the drive's AIC adapter card. Looking at the underside of the solid aluminum heat sink, we find a full-length thermal pad.
A close-in view of the 2280 x M.2 module at the heart of the AIC version. Housed on this side of the PCB is the drive's controller, DRAM cache, and two of the drive's four 256GB BiCS 3 flash packages.
This side of the PCB houses two of the drive's four 256GB flash packages.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Epic Games teams with Funko for Fortnite Pop! figurines
- Samsung's next-gen foldable smartphone to launch early 2019
- Microsoft teases 'all-new Xbox hardware' at Gamescom 2018
- TSMC expecting Q4 2018 growth from next-gen GPUs from NVIDIA
- Borderlands 3 may still be a ways off
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit