Plextor M9Pe PCIe NVMe SSD
The front face of the packaging has an attractive RGB type look to it featuring every color of the rainbow. The drive's capacity is advertised as is the limited 5-year warranty, NVMe interface, formfactor, and exclusive features.
The back of the packaging lists factory performance specs for each capacity.
Opening the inner box reveals the AIC drive is well protected by a thick molded plastic carrier tray. The GN model is protected by a clear plastic clamshell container.
Front view of both drives.
Rear view of both drives. The 512GB GN model is a single-sided design. The back half of the Y version is just the back half of the AIC adapter. The black color will go well with any color scheme.
This side of the drive is where the RGB goodness is displayed.
Removing the heat sink voids the warranty and reveals the M.2 x 2280 SSD that is mounted to the drive's AIC adapter card. Looking at the underside of the solid aluminum heat sink, we find a full-length thermal pad.
A close-in view of the 2280 x M.2 module at the heart of the AIC version. Housed on this side of the PCB is the drive's controller, DRAM cache, and two of the drive's four 256GB BiCS 3 flash packages.
This side of the PCB houses two of the drive's four 256GB flash packages.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing & Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup, Drive Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks – ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (OS) - Vantage, PCMark 7, PCMark 8 & SYSmark 2014 SE]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary) - IOPS, Response & Transfer Rate]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks – 70/30 Mixed Workload & Sustained Sequential Write]
- Page 9 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 10 [Final Thoughts]