Unboxed + Detailed Look
The box was plain but well packaged and protected, something I was surprised with. I expected it to be a bit banged up, but it was protected incredibly well inside as you can see from the picture below.
MiningSky packs it with protective plastic on each side, with the instruction manual on top and the PSU towards the front.
We all want to look inside of the mining rig, right? Here's what you'll see opening up the MiningSky 8-GPU Mining Rig V1: 8 x PCIe x16 slots, the Intel CPU to the left, 4GB SO-DIMM to the left, and between the first and second PCIe slots is a 64GB SSD.
MiningSky is using a 64GB BiWin SSD, with the model number of M7001.
The 4GB of RAM comes from Ramaxel.
There are 9 x 6-pin PCIe power connectors that are plugged into the motherboard, that then feed into your graphics cards. MiningSky sent me over splitter cables that split these to 2 x 8-pin PCIe power connectors, so I could plug all of my cards in without drama.
These 9 x 6-pin PCIe power connectors get their power from the side of the mining rig, which you can see here. You'll plug the 1600W PSUs connectors into this, so that the entire system has enough power draw to handle your load of mining GPUs.
Here are the 9 x PCIe power connectors plugged into the mining rig directly from the 1600W PSU.
These four fans do an incredible job inside of the system at keeping your 8 x graphics cards cool.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [MiningSky 8-GPU Mining Rig V1 Configuration]
- Page 3 [Unboxed + Detailed Look]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Expert opinion: the best online privacy tool (sponsored)
- 10 new minutes of Anthem gameplay: boss fight, story & more
- FoxNext chooses the Nintendo Switch for Alien: Blackout
- Fire Emblem characters return in Smash Bros. Ultimate event
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate sold 5 million units in 1st week
- Trident Z Royal DDR4-4000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Trailer shows the challenges of Etrian Odyssey Nexus
- Team Jolly Roger Announces launch Date For Real-Time Space-Ballistic Tactics Game 'Worbital'
- Music Card Game Upstart WOWs Top Musicians Worldwide with Their First Product
- Stardock Announces Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution Expansion
- Zerouno Games: Use your two neurons with Bleep Bloop. Launch Trailer Available