Seagate may have been later to the market with its 300MB/s drives than that of Maxtor, WD or Samsung but Seagate has waited till the right time, when SATA 2.5 has been finalised, and this has proven to be a winning combination as far as we are concerned.
Seagate's 7200.9 hard disk drive is fully compatible with all SATA-II motherboards at the full 300MB/s transfer rate without any compatibility problems and it also contains the full SATA 2.5 features, which a lot of other SATA-II drives don't support.
It is clear to see that the waiting has paid off, with performance beating that of the largest competitor on the market, Western Digital's Caviar SE drive as well as the previous generation 7200.8 drive.
Overall we found the drive to be extremely quiet, very fast and with a size of 500GB, it manages to top out as the highest capacity drive available at time of writing. It has everything going for it and deserves plenty of your consideration.
True SATA 2.5 Compliancy (features all SATA-II items)
Fully compatible with all SATA-II motherboards @ 300MB/s
Extremely quiet - a HTPC's friend
Drives as small as 40GB up to 500GB
Price per GB at a very good level
Needs 16MB of cache on all drives to take advantage of NCQ properly
- Latest Pricing
Rating - 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Performance Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- Age of Empires: Definitive Edition will release next month
- GIGABYTE Z370XP SLI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- The GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series