Seagate may have been later to the market with its 300MB/s drives than that of Maxtor, WD or Samsung but Seagate has waited till the right time, when SATA 2.5 has been finalised, and this has proven to be a winning combination as far as we are concerned.
Seagate's 7200.9 hard disk drive is fully compatible with all SATA-II motherboards at the full 300MB/s transfer rate without any compatibility problems and it also contains the full SATA 2.5 features, which a lot of other SATA-II drives don't support.
It is clear to see that the waiting has paid off, with performance beating that of the largest competitor on the market, Western Digital's Caviar SE drive as well as the previous generation 7200.8 drive.
Overall we found the drive to be extremely quiet, very fast and with a size of 500GB, it manages to top out as the highest capacity drive available at time of writing. It has everything going for it and deserves plenty of your consideration.
True SATA 2.5 Compliancy (features all SATA-II items)
Fully compatible with all SATA-II motherboards @ 300MB/s
Extremely quiet - a HTPC's friend
Drives as small as 40GB up to 500GB
Price per GB at a very good level
Needs 16MB of cache on all drives to take advantage of NCQ properly
- Latest Pricing
Rating - 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Performance Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ion Maiden delayed to 2019
- Hello Games on No Man's Sky launch: we shared too much info
- Shazam's first trailer injects fun, and color into the DCEU
- DC unleashes first Aquaman trailer during SDCC 2018
- GeForce GTX 1170 benchmark surfaces, faster than GTX 1080 Ti
- HELP With a Sniper.2 Z68 bios U1C, won't boot with discrete VGA
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit