X299-Aorus Gaming 9 Circuit Analysis Continued
A Realtek ALC1220 audio codec is being used, and a Texas Instruments NE5532 is used as the audio amplifier. Five gold series audio capacitors and physical PCB division help to improve audio quality.
A 10Gbit NBase-T AQC107 which offers up to 10Gbig, 5Gbit, 1Gbit, and 100Mbit speeds is present and cooled by its own heat sink. An Intel Wireless AC 3168NGW is used and provides 1x1 (433Mbps) WIFI, which isn't as fast as other 2x2 controllers.
An Intel i211AT is used as one of the 1Gbit NICs. Intel's i219v is used as the PHY to compliment the integrated MAC in the PCH to provide one of the 1Gbit LAN ports on the rear IO.
An ASMedia ASM3142 USB 3.1 controller and ASM1543 is used as the type-C switch and CC logic chip. Another ASMedia ASM3142 can be found around the internal USB 3.1 header, and surprisingly I also found a Texas Instruments TPS65982 type-C power delivery and switch controller.
The Texas Instruments chip provides up to 3A and 12v for fast charging according to USB Power Delivery 2.0 specification. An ASMedia ASM1184 is a PCI-E hub, it takes in one PCI-E 3.0 port and can output three PCI-E 2.0 ports for the WIFI, x1 PCI-E slot, and ASMedia ASM1061 SATA controller.
The ASMedia ASM1074 is used as the USB 3.0 hub, and it expands the rear USB 3.0 port count. The ASMedia ASM1061 provides two extra SATA6Gb/s ports.
The ICS 6V41742B is used to enhance BCLK overclocking margins. A new chip labeled Flash Back is used to provide the BIOS recovery technology on the motherboard.
A Nuvoton NCT6791D is used as the SuperIO and provides PS/2 and system monitoring functions, and the nuvoTon N76E885AT is used as the RGB LED controller on the motherboard. On the rear of the motherboard, we find more than 12 NXP PCI-E 3.0 quick switches to switch around all the PCI-E bandwidth.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Fatal1ty X299 Professional Gaming i9 XE Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional Gaming i9 XE Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional Gaming i9 XE Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Resident Evil 2 Remake, zero plans for Nintendo Switch debut
- PUBG's new Sanhok map, Fortnite-like 'Event Pass' launching
- Join the 'Vikings' war in our latest Blu-ray giveaway!
- Intel's new 8C/16T chip spotted, could be the Core i7-8900K
- Bithumb hacked, over $30 million in cryptocurrency stolen
- Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Asus X401A Laptop will not boot despite several replaced components -- Second attempt
- DDR4-3400 - Ryzen 7 1800x & Ryzen 7 2700x - X370 & X470
- LaCie DJI Co-Pilot 2TB Review
- Dumb question regarding moderator approval
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit