CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks
AIDA64 FLOPS and IOPS
3DMark: Fire Strike
3DMark: Cloud Gate
These tests are done out of the box, so I have decided to include whether or not the vendor has implemented some type of default overclocking, such as multi-core enhancement. Multi-core enhancement is when the motherboard vendor pushes all cores to maximum turbo speeds instead of just one or two.
MCE, as I will call it, can cause instability if your CPU isn't great, and we would hope vendors would have it off by default, but it does offer a free performance boost out of the box. Some motherboards also might increase the BCLK a bit over stock to score higher, and some might even mess with the turbo boost table.
If we standardize settings, then most motherboards should perform the same, but in this case, we haven't. Overall, the Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 is a formidable motherboard in CPU, GPU, and memory benchmarks and maintains decent performance. It doesn't use your typical MCE, but some of the time I felt there was some type of boost within Intel's maximum and minimum ranges.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Atari VCS console upgraded to Ryzen APU
- SEGA's survey dictates 'the next steps' for many SEGA titles
- Valve CEO teases Half-Life 3 to release in next '4-5 years'
- To get into Mortal Kombat 11 closed beta you'll have to pay
- Facebook will use new AI technology to remove 'revenge porn'
- How can we update our Website design?
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Halloween 4K Blu-ray Review
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- ASUS Zenith Extreme Alpha (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- Dirt Rally Driver HD the successful mobile game is now available in PC for free
- Super Phantom Cat, a Retro Platformer is Launching on Nintendo Switch March 21st
- Turtle Beach Unveils Its All-New Recon 70 Series Gaming Headsets
- Sacrifices, demons and emperors of Elmoraden
- Lilith Games Rebrands Rise of Civilizations to Rise of Kingdoms