Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 Circuit Analysis Continued
While the Gaming 7 offered an ESS Sabre DAC and dedicated power source for the audio section of the PCH, the Gaming 5 offers just a Realtek ALC1220. GIGABYTE kept the WIMA and Nichicon audio capacitors, and the PCB layout looks very clean.
The NIC on the motherboard is from an Intel i219v controller, which is a PHY that works with the integrated MAC in the PCH. Wireless AC support comes from an Intel Wireless-AC 3165 controller, which only offers up to 433Mbps.
An ASMedia ASM3142 and a Texas Instruments HD3220 provide USB 3.1 output for the rear IO with a type-C switch. An ASMedia ASM1442K is a level shifter and provides HDMI and DVI output on the rear IO.
An ITE IT8295FN is a microcontroller programmed to output digital RGB support for the digital RGB headers. The main Super IO controller is an IT8686E, and it provides system monitoring, fan control, and the PS/2 port on the rear IO panel.
An IT8795E is an embedded controller that expands the Super IO's fan control and monitoring capabilities. The motherboard does support dual BIOS, so we find two 128Mbit/16MB BIOS ROMs on the motherboard.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlegrounds replay function tested ahead of v1.0 release
- Samsung's mid-range 2018 phones might feature 18:9 displays
- Far Cry 5's new trailer drops, shows off 'The Resistance'
- Bad Company 3 could be joined by new Battlefield set in WWII
- Battlegrounds already has over 1 million playing on Xbox One
- Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse Review
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series