We used the Hermes P2 for a couple of weeks without the software installed, and we are glad that we did. Gamdias has changed the way things work this time around, much to the detriment of their product. It used to be that you would get the software, and it could be run as-is, no updating required. We also recall that while the software would offer updates for software and firmware, the way in which it is done is different now too.
In the image above, you can see that HERA was installed, but we were greeted with a message stating that we could go no further before updating the firmware. This is where things get shaky. A new window appears, asking the user to connect to a server, where the files are held. There is no way to verify we even had an issue first, as at this time, closing the window closed the software, and there is no way to continue without accepting the update.
Well, something is wrong, no very wrong with this new strategy. We accepted the connection to the server, at which time the window shows we have downloaded version 2.3 of the software, and at that point, we pushed program, and away it goes. The image you see was taken thirty minutes after we initiated the flash.
The green bar quickly moved to the position it is seen at, and appears to be still running, and confirmed with Tack Manager, the flash failed. At this point, there is no option. You can either unplug the keyboard or try to restart the PC, but either way, you will be left as we were, with a no longer functioning product.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Gamdias Hermes P3 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [Inside the Hermes P3]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Leffen casts Super Smash Bros. Ultimate training aside
- Cyberpunk 2077 is 'pretty different' from E3 2018 gameplay
- Capcom makes Street Fighter V go free-to-play for 2 weeks
- PlayStation's 'Raising Kratos' is a God of War documentary
- Assassin's Creed Unity review-bombed for Notre-Dame support
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Review
- How to booking a escort via internet
- Intel wireless card not detcted in Beebox J3160
- B450 Aorus Elite won't recognize Windows USB stick.
- [H270M-ITX/ac] Cannot POST with PCIE NIC card
- The Fox Software is proud to announce the release of Active Soccer 2019 on Nintendo Switch
- Egg Hunt 2019: Scrambled in Time
- Bunnies and eggs in a War Game...seriously?
- Huawei Announces Its New 'Four-Engines' Brand Strategy, Leading Intelligent IP Networks
- Match Three Pirates! Heir to Davy Jones Now Available on Steam!