DOOM & PUBG
The MM520, being software enhanced to reach 12,000 DPI is a bit wonky. The sensor is very touchy, and for normal gameplay, we could not handle much more than 4000 DPI. The cursor never wandered or jittered, but going past 4000 DPI had us wandering all over the place with little control or accuracy. Sadly, we found another issue with the optical sensor as well.
Using multiple mouse pads to test out the issue, we found that the MM520 does not like being moussed over any paint or imagery on the pad. This can be a huge downfall for the MM520, as many like to have fancy looking mouse pads. If you are going to jump on this mouse for its comfort and programmability options, which are all fine in their own right, we do suggest that you buy a solid colored surface to use it on.
Windows and Productivity
Using the mouse every day is comfortable and stress-free. However, we do still find that surpassing the midrange of DPI leads to control and accuracy issues. When editing images, it slowed us down considerably using higher DPI settings and even made it tough to double click correctly on icons on the desktop.
Using it to surf the web or to open emails was fine, but something is going on with this product, where we feel Cooler Master put the PixArt sensor on a diet of steroids; it is unlike any other optical sensor that boasts 12,000 DPI. While we were able to get by with the grind, we do feel that if accuracy is demanded, which it should be, the MM520 will have to be used at low DPI, negating the fact it offers what it does.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Cooler Master MasterMouse MM520 Gaming Mouse retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Cooler Master MasterMouse MM520 Gaming Mouse retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Cooler Master MasterMouse MM520 Gaming Mouse]
- Page 4 [Inside the MasterMouse MM520]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Every character trailer for Soulcalibur VI/combat tutorial
- Job J Stauffer reveals his experience working at Rockstar
- Fox flies Starlink: Battle for Atlas onto Nintendo Switch
- Ubisoft release For Honor 'Marching Fire' gameplay trailer
- Spider-Man 'The Heist' DLC adds 3 suits, October 23rd launch
- Inland Processional 3D NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe Gen 3 Review
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam