When you first take a look at the BAT enclosure, your first thought is that it has a very nice physical appearance (assuming that Batman is a character you like). With an overall steel construction and a lot of molded plastic bodywork that actually lines up correctly when assembled, this really is a good looking case design. While this is a true enough concept, there is more to a case than just good looks.
As far as features are concerned, the BAT has many and most of them are good. The removable drive bays and tool-free optical locks are very convenient and worked flawlessly. The top I/O ports are in an easy to get to location and the wiring harness is plenty long enough to accommodate any motherboard design that I've seen to date. The funnel on the side fan is a good concept for those who can make use of it, and easily removed if you have a system design that can't. The lighting on the front bezel is a fun novelty, but a means to turn it off would be nice. The only choice you have to turn off lighting it to physically unplug the Molex connector coming from the front bezel. There are a lot of mounts for cooling fans, but only a single fan is included in the base package. If you have any tall PCI/AGP/PCI-E cards in use, take special note of the issue regarding the peripheral retention system mentioned on the previous page.
Pricing for this case isn't known for sure at this point in time. Availability is limited and the examples I was able to find online indicate a retail pricing in the neighborhood of $75US without power supply. This will put the BAT enclosure in the middle to upper echelon of pricing for this type of case without power supply included.
Bottom line... If your main goal is physical appearance, then this enclosure has a lot to offer you in this area. With body molding that is done right, the good looks are certainly present. If you're also looking for features, then you'll want to make sure that your component list will allow you to get the most out of this design. With some features good and other poor in design, this is a good initial offering that will hopefully improve in future revisions.
Very good looking design
Plastic molding lines up very well
Steel construction is sturdy
Removable 3.5" drive bays
Tool-free optical drive locking mechanism
Paint coating is very thin
Smaller than normal case design can cause problems when mounting optical drives
PCI retention device does not work with tall peripheral boards
Only one fan included with base design
Rating - 8 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Titan Comics and Blizzard announce new Diablo comic books
- The Simpsons creator debuts 'Disenchantment' Netflix trailer
- Kingdom Hearts honors 90 years of Mickey Mouse with trailer
- PES 2019 demo will be released on PC/consoles on August 8th
- Kong: Skull Island director discusses possible Zelda movie
- HELP With a Sniper.2 Z68 bios U1C, won't boot with discrete VGA
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit