Overall, the installation of a system into the BAT enclosure is not too much out of the ordinary. The removable 3.5" drive bays and the tool-free locking system for the larger drives makes things move along nicely, but there is a concern or two that needs to be mentioned.
The first concern is for those who like their optical drives mounted lower in the face like myself. With the drives fully inserted to their normal positions, care must be taken when using motherboards that have capacitors and diodes mounted toward the back/left side of the board. This installation makes use of an EPoX 9NDA3+ motherboard and as you can see, there was no choice in how I mounted the drives. The upper drive would not work in the lowest bay without running over the capacitors behind it. The drives I use are not out of the ordinary and the mainboard design is fairly common, so take heed that you may run into issues when installing your optical drives.
Another issue is with the PCI retention device. In order to work properly, the sliding clip must be able to lower itself all the way down so that the peripheral is fully locked into place. The peripheral on the left shows how this is supposed to work while the video board installed on the right shows a problem with tall boards. Lets take a closer look to show you what I mean...
As you can see, the lip of the locking mechanism strikes the top edge of the tall video board. This keeps the lock from sliding all the way down and properly securing the board into place. While a screw can still be used to hold the video card in place, there is no easy way to remove the single offending locking device without removing the entire PCI retention bracket.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Anthem's world is always changing, says BioWare
- Battlefront II embraces the dark side and adds Count Dooku
- Mortal Kombat 11 may have cosmetic monetization
- Sapphire launches new AMD RX 570 16GB crypto mining card
- Fallout 76 isn't going free-to-play
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD Review - The 96-Layer Refresh
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- ODEM Applauds Blockchain Centre Vilnius on Its First Anniversary
- Dale North Kicks Off PERFECT SELECTION Compilation Series
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 2 Launch Trailer Revealed
- Life Zero's Music Puzzler Sonar Beat Launches on PC, Mac, iOS and Android Today
- Point and click adventure game Detective Gallo lands on iOS!