Overall, the installation of a system into the BAT enclosure is not too much out of the ordinary. The removable 3.5" drive bays and the tool-free locking system for the larger drives makes things move along nicely, but there is a concern or two that needs to be mentioned.
The first concern is for those who like their optical drives mounted lower in the face like myself. With the drives fully inserted to their normal positions, care must be taken when using motherboards that have capacitors and diodes mounted toward the back/left side of the board. This installation makes use of an EPoX 9NDA3+ motherboard and as you can see, there was no choice in how I mounted the drives. The upper drive would not work in the lowest bay without running over the capacitors behind it. The drives I use are not out of the ordinary and the mainboard design is fairly common, so take heed that you may run into issues when installing your optical drives.
Another issue is with the PCI retention device. In order to work properly, the sliding clip must be able to lower itself all the way down so that the peripheral is fully locked into place. The peripheral on the left shows how this is supposed to work while the video board installed on the right shows a problem with tall boards. Lets take a closer look to show you what I mean...
As you can see, the lip of the locking mechanism strikes the top edge of the tall video board. This keeps the lock from sliding all the way down and properly securing the board into place. While a screw can still be used to hold the video card in place, there is no easy way to remove the single offending locking device without removing the entire PCI retention bracket.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Super Meat Boy is a success on Switch
- Final Fantasy XV on PC will support mods
- Final Fantasy XV PC specs, release date announced
- Co-op platformer Super Chariot coming to the Nintendo Switch
- SEGA launch mystery game reveal countdown website
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Which chip Is my main bios chip ( Gigabyte P17F Notebook )
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series