In all honesty, we are having a tough time trying to come up with reasons not to buy the Hermes P2 RGB keyboard. The exposed top is nice to look at, the RGB illumination is top of the line and bright, and with the addition of HERA software, Gamdias products are up there with ROCCAT for what is possible. The best part about the Hermes P2 RGB that we appreciated the most is the Optical, mechanical switches used in this design. The use of this type of switch is catching on, and now is not just used by one or two companies. The gates have opened up, and many are seeing the benefits of not having to rely on mechanical connections and moving parts. Eliminating the wear points is huge on a keyboard, and using something as simple as a beam of light has to help keep the cost down too. With talk every once in a while of Cherry MX or Kailh switch shortages, we see there is a new contender in the game, ready to take the world by storm.
Plainly put, there is not much of anything that the Hermes P2 RGB cannot do. It is great to use for gaming with the multiple profiles and terrific Macro capabilities, but it is also great for those who type for a living. The LED modes are fun to mess around with; the custom LED layouts are slick for setting specific keys or building your scheme of lighting and having the ability to swap arrows and WASD keys make many left-hand gamers happy too. Being able to swap profiles on the go, and program two Macros per profile, without having to visit the software is a huge advantage too. You can take advantage of ideas on the spot, rather than stopping what you are doing and having to use the editor to get the timing and commands sorted out.
If we did have to pick at the Hermes P2 RGB to find any fault, all we can come up with are two things. The first is a personal issue, as we like to see what is inside. Hiding a screw or the roller bar being the issue impeding our entry was a bummer, but it also keeps problems to a minimum for Gamdias too. The second issue is preference based, and it's the large size, which may drive some away. Had the wrist rest been detachable, this would not be an issue to most.
With what Gamdias supplied in our Hermes P2 RGB keyboard, we feel they hit the nail on the head with almost all of the options that can be had. The only thing missing is a way to double layer the entire product, something along the lines of EasyShift+. That being said, the cost involved is not that bad at all. While the near $140 price tag may scare away a few potential customers, those who know what this keyboard is all about will appreciate the investment. Feature rich, customizable, RGB LED lights. Software which is seemingly endless and relatively affordable cost are all great reasons why the Gamdias Hermes P2 RGB Optical Mechanical Gaming Keyboard should be on your wish list.
Chad's Peripherals Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS X99-E WS - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- CPU: Intel Core i7 5930K - Buy from Amazon
- Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Memory: KLevv Cras DDR4 3000 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Video Card: ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Matrix Platinum - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Storage: Intel 730 480GB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Case: SilverStone TJ11 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Power Supply: Corsair AX1200 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64-bit - Buy from Amazon
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||97%|
The Bottom Line: Gamdias is only the third manufacturer to move to optical mechanical switches in the mainstream! On top of that we find an extremely capable keyboard rich with features, software which goes above and beyond, and Hermes P2 RGB can be had for a price that is more than acceptable.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Gamdias Hermes P2 RGB Optical Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [Hermes P2 RGB Continued]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Black Friday Sales: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe & More
- NVIDIA's new GeForce Game Ready 416.94 drivers released
- NVIDIA announces Quadro RTX 4000: Turing goes single-slot
- US rapper Soulja Boy announces his own... CONSOLE?!
- Overwatch update adds Ashe, balances everything else
- ASRock DeskMini 310 SFF PC Review
- Q87m-e/csm & ddr3 1600 ram
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- Convert MBOX File Format to PST Format
- OLM to PST Converter
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms