DOOM & PUBG
Putting blue mechanical switches against these blue optical, mechanical switches, we do not feel much of a difference while gaming, and that is intended. Since only the innards are different, the spring tension is similar, and the noise offered is the same as ordinary mechanical switches too. SO when it comes to resting your hand on this keyboard, we do not collapse the spring and press buttons which were not intended to be used. Profiles and Macros can easily come into play with something as simple as the lighting matching the game to something as deep as Macros with noise reporting from the PC when the key is pressed.
Another great feature is the timer with OSD. There is nothing worse than putting the pizza in, getting deep into PUBG, and remembering only from the smell of the smoke that the pizza was long forgotten. No matter what is going on at the time, the time will break in and make noise if programmed to do so, but by placing the OSD text to be large and right in the middle of the screen, you will likely never forget again. With our gaming, we never missed a stroke being delivered to the game, nor did we find any ghosting issues or faults in the NKRO.
Windows and Productivity
Much of what we typically provide for a solid keyboard in this section can be said for the Hermes P2 as well. The keyboard is solid with very little flex to the design, there is no strain from using this keyboard, nor did vibrations become a nuisance. Using Optical switches does bring one thing out almost immediately though. We are faster using an optical, mechanical switch than we are using standard mechanical switches.
Of course, getting used to any keyboard does take time, but the more we used the Hermes P2 RGB, the faster we get. This is because the optical beam is easy to break and with a slightly softer touch, we can pass more freely across the keys. The multimedia keys come in handy when you need to lower the volume when someone comes into the room to talk, and we also like the option of using key presses or the wheel for sound adjustment. The only issue with the Hermes P2 RGB, as we see it, is the size, as it does eat up a lot of desk space.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Gamdias Hermes P2 RGB Optical Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [Hermes P2 RGB Continued]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get schooled for our 'Night School' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Win a Blu-ray copy of the film on us!
- Aim for the stars in our 'First Man' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Metro Exodus' story reacts to your decisions
- Visceral's Star Wars game was basically Star Wars Uncharted
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Administrators and moderators
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media