DOOM & PUBG
Putting blue mechanical switches against these blue optical, mechanical switches, we do not feel much of a difference while gaming, and that is intended. Since only the innards are different, the spring tension is similar, and the noise offered is the same as ordinary mechanical switches too. SO when it comes to resting your hand on this keyboard, we do not collapse the spring and press buttons which were not intended to be used. Profiles and Macros can easily come into play with something as simple as the lighting matching the game to something as deep as Macros with noise reporting from the PC when the key is pressed.
Another great feature is the timer with OSD. There is nothing worse than putting the pizza in, getting deep into PUBG, and remembering only from the smell of the smoke that the pizza was long forgotten. No matter what is going on at the time, the time will break in and make noise if programmed to do so, but by placing the OSD text to be large and right in the middle of the screen, you will likely never forget again. With our gaming, we never missed a stroke being delivered to the game, nor did we find any ghosting issues or faults in the NKRO.
Windows and Productivity
Much of what we typically provide for a solid keyboard in this section can be said for the Hermes P2 as well. The keyboard is solid with very little flex to the design, there is no strain from using this keyboard, nor did vibrations become a nuisance. Using Optical switches does bring one thing out almost immediately though. We are faster using an optical, mechanical switch than we are using standard mechanical switches.
Of course, getting used to any keyboard does take time, but the more we used the Hermes P2 RGB, the faster we get. This is because the optical beam is easy to break and with a slightly softer touch, we can pass more freely across the keys. The multimedia keys come in handy when you need to lower the volume when someone comes into the room to talk, and we also like the option of using key presses or the wheel for sound adjustment. The only issue with the Hermes P2 RGB, as we see it, is the size, as it does eat up a lot of desk space.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Gamdias Hermes P2 RGB Optical Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [Hermes P2 RGB Continued]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Treyarch tease COD: Black Ops 4 zombies Comic-Con reveal
- Call of Cthulhu releases this Halloween
- The Legend of Zelda: BOTW - Creating a Champion details
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990X simulated tests: 32C/64T beast!
- Hollow Knight 'Gods & Glory' DLC arrives August 23rd
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit