Inside the KM-G3
Removing the keycaps is simple enough, as long as you have some key puller tool. What we found is that each cap uses standard Cherry MX stems in them, and in this instance, the opaque plastic is molded into shape, and then each cap is painted black.
Each switch on the Puri TKL is a Cherry MX blue switch in this case, but there are many options. We see exposed LEDs on each of the switches, and the larger switches have internal torsion bars with "dummy" stems on them to support the wider keycaps.
To open the keyboard, all we had to do was remove the eight slotted screws seen on the top of the frame. The frame is made entirely of plastic, there are ribs to support the metal plate, and this design is structurally sound and vibration free.
Always a sucker for black PCBs, we like that one is used in the Puri TKL. At the same time, due to the matte nature of the PCB, we do see some residue, even though there are apparent signs of cleaning with all of the lint particles left behind on the solder points.
Inside of the Puri is the first time we have run into a Vision MCU controlling the keyboards communications and functionality. The model number is worn off to the point we cannot tell exactly what it is, but we would hazard a guess that it is, at a minimum, a 16-bit processor, most likely a 32-bit, due to the features the Puri offers.
We chose to use the mode where all of the keys are backlit; we made sure they were as bright as can be, and also made sure to activate the locks. Every light on the keyboard is white, and the Cougar name to the right is always on, even when it comes to setting up custom modes.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [Puri TKL Continued]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Diablo III once resembled Diablo II
- Final Fantasy XIV's new expansion is called Shadowbringers
- Cliffy B is done making games
- Devil May Cry TV show coming to Netflix
- Sony skips E3 2019 for PlayStation-centric showcase
- Z390 Taichi Onboard LED issue
- Z77-D3H MB and bizzare boot issue
- HyperX Gaming microSD 128GB Review
- FS:[20Pieces] Apple iPhone XR.Xs.Xs Max 64/256/512GB.$8,980
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions