Inside the KM-G3
Removing the keycaps is simple enough, as long as you have some key puller tool. What we found is that each cap uses standard Cherry MX stems in them, and in this instance, the opaque plastic is molded into shape, and then each cap is painted black.
Each switch on the Puri TKL is a Cherry MX blue switch in this case, but there are many options. We see exposed LEDs on each of the switches, and the larger switches have internal torsion bars with "dummy" stems on them to support the wider keycaps.
To open the keyboard, all we had to do was remove the eight slotted screws seen on the top of the frame. The frame is made entirely of plastic, there are ribs to support the metal plate, and this design is structurally sound and vibration free.
Always a sucker for black PCBs, we like that one is used in the Puri TKL. At the same time, due to the matte nature of the PCB, we do see some residue, even though there are apparent signs of cleaning with all of the lint particles left behind on the solder points.
Inside of the Puri is the first time we have run into a Vision MCU controlling the keyboards communications and functionality. The model number is worn off to the point we cannot tell exactly what it is, but we would hazard a guess that it is, at a minimum, a 16-bit processor, most likely a 32-bit, due to the features the Puri offers.
We chose to use the mode where all of the keys are backlit; we made sure they were as bright as can be, and also made sure to activate the locks. Every light on the keyboard is white, and the Cougar name to the right is always on, even when it comes to setting up custom modes.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [Puri TKL Continued]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Path to Mnemosyne announced to debut to the Nintendo Switch
- Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion countdown date
- God of War Special Edition runes translated, see the truth
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia new cinematic trailer
- Netflix's The Witcher TV show confirms 8 ep first season
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit