Mionix Hub Software
Once the software is located on site and downloaded, installing it is the next step to get to see what we are showing now. Upon opening the Mionix Hub Software, we can see that the Wei is shown in a tab at the top, as one suite covers all of their products. The keys tab is where you get started, but we want to direct you to the right, where it says, "Add profile." Here is where you click on the plus sign, and across the top, you can add up to five profiles to adjust and customize.
By clicking on any individual key in the layout at the top of the window, you are then able to change it. Once a key is selected, the grey tabs are selectable. Default is self-explanatory, Re-map allows you to set any other key to the selected key with a simple process, and the Key sequence is what Mionix calls the Macro editor. It will only record what is presented and has no options to edit the series of commands. Multimedia allows you to change from the four default keys at the top right, and assign them to whatever is most convenient. Disable, well that is also self-evident as to what it does. At the bottom of the window, we see that NKRO is the default mode, but it can be unchecked to allow 6=key Rollover mode.
In the Color tab settings, this is what we find to start things off. We can see the various modes of Custom, Breathing, Footsteps, Explosion, and Rainbow in the tabs across the middle. Each mode allows for brightness adjustments, but four levels can be done through the keyboard, you can set solid colors or a gradient of colors.
There are a few ways to select which keys are being addressed too. You can set a profile of LEDs where each key is addressed individually, for those that want to do specialized patterns or 8-bit imagery. You cannot mix modes while programming, but each key can be controlled on its own, or be used with the various patterns.
The other method is to click and drag. This can be done in smaller groups, and have each group show different colors or patterns, but not both on the same key. In this instance, we selected all of the keys, so that whatever settings we do make will be set to the entire keyboard with one easy step. Do not forget; this can be done over the five profiles so that gamers and productivity types can only illuminate what is needed, or contrast those keys against another color so that they stand out.
The Info tab offers what it sounds like it should, information on the Wei keyboard. With the arrival of the second sample, there was a firmware update shown in this window, which we successfully flashed without issue this time. The Info section is also where you can click out from the software to the Mionix download, FAQ, Support, and main page via direct links. If you screw everything up and want to go back to the start, you can factory reset the device, and even change the language in which the software text is presented.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [Inside the Mionix Wei]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit