It's clear that the battle between the big names is one that is an extremely close race. Gigabyte today has shown that it has ability to produce one of the most feature packed boards on the market as well as back it up with great performance to boot.
Layout, style and functionality are all excellent with only a few exceptions such as power plug placement and layout and placement of some of the ribbon cables need some thought, however, they are still within specifications.
Performance of the board is extremely impressive, able to top out the ASUS board on a number of tests. It stands out as a board to contend for your hard earned money and to choose between ASUS and Gigabyte on the I955X is hard to recommend one over the other; it's just a matter of personal choice.
Overall the motherboard was a joy to test and never caused us any problems during our tests, including the overclocking results. This is why we gave the Gigabyte GA-8I955X Royal the TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Editors Choice Award and it does have an awful lot going for it but remember the newer I975 chipset will be ready soon (towards the end of December) which supports a Dual Graphics interface for ATI Crossfire and maybe even nVidia SLI support.
Fastest I955X board to date in our labs
Support for Firewire-800 interface
Support for up to 10 hard disk drives (SATA and PATA)
Support for SATA-II interface
Dual Gigabit Ethernet
Dual RAID and IDE RAID
Cable placement could have a little better
Intel 975 replacement chipset coming out soon
Rating - 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rum Runner's Pack free DLC debuts to Pillars of Eternity 2
- New Battlerite Royale screenshots unveil UI/more gameplay
- Co-op monster hunting title, Duntless releases open beta
- Dark Souls Remastered releases a whole day early on Steam
- Borderlands 2 is free-to-play and 75% off Steam this weekend
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,257
- Photo Backup and Build your own cloud with Synology
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit