It is no secret that the Pentium Extreme Edition CPU is Intel's push on the enthusiast market. The Pentium-XE as we call it supports two cores with Hyper-Threading on each allowing a maximum of four recognisable CPU's. Now for current games, we don't see any advantage, as most games can't even take advantage of two CPU's but for the multimedia masses and multitask who want to run not only a game, but a video as well as a MP3 ripping at the same time, this CPU is definitely going to be the goods for you.
One thing though is chipset support. While nVidia was supposed to have support for the Pentium-XE with the nForce 4 Intel Edition, it didn't turn out to have any - in fact, only one company has managed to get it working on this chipset, and not very well, but this is a discussion for a later article. This leaves only one chipset supporting the Pentium-XE at the time of writing, the I955X from Intel.
Gigabyte sent us their GA-8I955X Royal motherboard, their own attempt at putting a motherboard on the premium chopping blocks for the end users wanting the best performance and features to purchase.
Does it have we it takes to beat out our resident I955X powerhouse, the ASUS P5WD2? Read on to find out as we take a real close look at the motherboard from Gigabyte.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- Age of Empires: Definitive Edition will release next month
- SuperData Analyst Interview on Call of Duty: WWII Success
- GIGABYTE Z370XP SLI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- The GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series