It is no secret that the Pentium Extreme Edition CPU is Intel's push on the enthusiast market. The Pentium-XE as we call it supports two cores with Hyper-Threading on each allowing a maximum of four recognisable CPU's. Now for current games, we don't see any advantage, as most games can't even take advantage of two CPU's but for the multimedia masses and multitask who want to run not only a game, but a video as well as a MP3 ripping at the same time, this CPU is definitely going to be the goods for you.
One thing though is chipset support. While nVidia was supposed to have support for the Pentium-XE with the nForce 4 Intel Edition, it didn't turn out to have any - in fact, only one company has managed to get it working on this chipset, and not very well, but this is a discussion for a later article. This leaves only one chipset supporting the Pentium-XE at the time of writing, the I955X from Intel.
Gigabyte sent us their GA-8I955X Royal motherboard, their own attempt at putting a motherboard on the premium chopping blocks for the end users wanting the best performance and features to purchase.
Does it have we it takes to beat out our resident I955X powerhouse, the ASUS P5WD2? Read on to find out as we take a real close look at the motherboard from Gigabyte.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 343i crunched hard for Halo 4 and Halo 5
- Bowser takes over Nintendo of America
- Top 10 Twilight Zone episodes
- New Twilight Zone trailer is full of classic throwbacks
- Apex Legends wall running, Titan mechs possibly on the way
- Intrusive Ads on Tweaktown
- AxE: Alliance vs Empire preview: MMO mobile chaos
- random shutdown
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Compatibility issue P10S-M-DC with i5
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure