WD Gold 10TB
The WD Gold follows the helium-filled design of the WD Red. Capacity is printed in bold text on the left the model, with the cache and interface to the right.
The backside of the drive houses a green PCB, with several Torx screws holding it in place.
The SATA power and data interface is lined up perfectly for hot-swap backplanes and drive trays.
A closer look at the PCB reveals the Avago controller in the center and Nanya DRAM above, to the right the Smooth branded motor driver.
WD has changed up the connectivity between the PCB and drive itself, moving from a pin system on the drive to an LGA type array.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The WD Gold 10TB Datacenter Enterprise-Class Hard Drive retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The WD WD101KRYZ 10 TB Enterprise Hard Drive - Gold retails for £342.99 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Resident Evil 2 Remake, zero plans for Nintendo Switch debut
- PUBG's new Sanhok map, Fortnite-like 'Event Pass' launching
- Join the 'Vikings' war in our latest Blu-ray giveaway!
- Intel's new 8C/16T chip spotted, could be the Core i7-8900K
- Bithumb hacked, over $30 million in cryptocurrency stolen
- Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Asus X401A Laptop will not boot despite several replaced components -- Second attempt
- DDR4-3400 - Ryzen 7 1800x & Ryzen 7 2700x - X370 & X470
- LaCie DJI Co-Pilot 2TB Review
- Dumb question regarding moderator approval
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit