Packaging and Overview
The box for the Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC is simple and shows some color to resemble its RGB LED capabilities. Packaging is basic but done well.
The accessory package includes two SATA6Gb/s cables, RGB LED Y-Splitter/extension cable, JRAINBOW extension cable, Corsair RGB LED extension cable, IO shield, WIFI antenna, SLI HB bridge, Wireless AC card, Wireless AC card USB 2.0 cable, cable labels, manual, and driver DVD.
The Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC has a total of six fan headers, each one of them is a PWM/DC mode header that offers either mode of operation. The CPU and Pump headers are circled in red, and they operate in PWM mode by default, and I believe the pump fan header operates at full speed by default. The four system fan headers operate as DC/voltage mode headers by default, but you can switch to PWM mode in the UEFI.
The UEFI and MSI's Command Center Utility in Windows both offer control over all the headers on the motherboard. The back of the motherboard is bare of components except for some drivers for the CPU's VRM.
The rear IO panel features PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse, two USB 2.0 ports, DisplayPort, HDMI, USB 3.1 type-C, USB 3.1 type-A, four USB 3.0 ports, 1Gbit LAN port, and 7.1 gold-plated audio outputs with S/PDIF out.
The PCI-E layout is simple; the top two metal reinforced PCI-E x16 slots operate at x16/x0 or x8/x8. The last x16 slot is x4 PCI-E 3.0 routed to the PCH, and the PCI-E x1 slots are x1 PCI-E 3.0 routed to the PCH. You get two internal USB 3.0 headers, one is right-angled, and one is angled straight up.
You get two PCI-E 3.0 x4/SATA6Gb/s M.2 slots on the motherboard. Each of these two slots shares some bandwidth with the SATA ports; the manual has a detailed description of how SATA ports and the M.2 slots share bandwidth. The top slot has an M.2 shield, which is used to help reduce M.2 drive temperature.
Four of the SATA6Gb/s ports are right-angled while two others are angled up straight. We also find the JRAINBOW (MSI's digital/addressable) LED header in the lower right-hand corner. Two of the USB 2.0 internal headers are located near the SATA ports.
You get a selection jumper for the demo LED button, which controls onboard LEDs without software. The jumper allows the button to switch between modes and colors for those modes. A 5050 RGB header is located in the lower left corner near the audio header, and another is located at the top of the motherboard. EZ Debug LEDs provide some diagnostic capability.
MSI has a second type of addressable/digital RGB LED header called JCORSAIR, and it's specifically designed to control Corsair branded RGB LED strips and fans. The heat sinks are strong and make decent contact with the VRM, but I would check to make sure the screws are tightened all the way.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The MSI Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The MSI Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Motherboard retails for £ at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Overview]
- Page 3 [MSI Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [MSI Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get schooled for our 'Night School' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Win a Blu-ray copy of the film on us!
- Aim for the stars in our 'First Man' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Metro Exodus' story reacts to your decisions
- Visceral's Star Wars game was basically Star Wars Uncharted
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Administrators and moderators
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media