Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB & 480GB AIC PCIe NVMe SSD
Intel's Optane SSD 900P packaging is one of the most attractive we've seen. The included Star Citizen spaceship is advertised on this side of the packaging.
The back of the packaging features an image of the enclosed SSD, lists a bit of pertinent information about the enclosed SSD, its warranty, form factor, and included optional low-profile bracket.
Opening the packaging reveals the Saber Raven. The code to obtain it is given on the back of the flyer pictured.
The drive and additional mounting bracket are cradled in dense foam rubber cut-outs.
We will not be opening either of the drives for fear of damaging them. We can tell you what is on the inside though. The 900P is powered by the same 7-channel Intel NVMe controller that is found on the Optane SSD DC P4800X enterprise SSD. The 280GB model is populated with (21) 16GB 3D XPoint memory packages 14x16GB front and 7x16GB rear - 336GB in total. The 480GB is populated with (28) 3D XPoint memory packages 7x16GB+7x32GB front and 14x16GB rear - 560GB in total. The 900P is a DRAM-less design. Optane memory media does not require overprovisioning space, so we figure it is used for ECC and redundancy.
The front of the drive is covered by a full-length aluminum heat sink.
The rear of the drive is covered by protective metal plate. There is a manufacturer label located close to the mounting bracket.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB & 480GB AIC NVMe PCIe SSD retails for $XXX at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing & Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup, Drive Properties & SSD Toolbox]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks – CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (OS) - Vantage, PCMark 7, PCMark 8 & SYSmark 2014 SE]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary) - IOPS, Response & Transfer Rate]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks 70/30 Mixed Workload & Sustained Seq. Write]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset announced for June 5th
- A Way Out official PC requirements released, launch trailer
- Dark Souls Remastered leaked images, Solaire amiibo spotted
- Possible new Fornite maps photographed at GDC 2018
- Metro Exodus will rock NVIDIA RTX real-time raytracing tech
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Corsair ML140 PRO RGB 140mm Magnetic Levitation Review
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- ارقام تليفونات صيانه ال جى ( 01014723434 _ 01225025360 ) تكييفات ا
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit