Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB & 480GB AIC PCIe NVMe SSD
Intel's Optane SSD 900P packaging is one of the most attractive we've seen. The included Star Citizen spaceship is advertised on this side of the packaging.
The back of the packaging features an image of the enclosed SSD, lists a bit of pertinent information about the enclosed SSD, its warranty, form factor, and included optional low-profile bracket.
Opening the packaging reveals the Saber Raven. The code to obtain it is given on the back of the flyer pictured.
The drive and additional mounting bracket are cradled in dense foam rubber cut-outs.
We will not be opening either of the drives for fear of damaging them. We can tell you what is on the inside though. The 900P is powered by the same 7-channel Intel NVMe controller that is found on the Optane SSD DC P4800X enterprise SSD. The 280GB model is populated with (21) 16GB 3D XPoint memory packages 14x16GB front and 7x16GB rear - 336GB in total. The 480GB is populated with (28) 3D XPoint memory packages 7x16GB+7x32GB front and 14x16GB rear - 560GB in total. The 900P is a DRAM-less design. Optane memory media does not require overprovisioning space, so we figure it is used for ECC and redundancy.
The front of the drive is covered by a full-length aluminum heat sink.
The rear of the drive is covered by protective metal plate. There is a manufacturer label located close to the mounting bracket.
Last updated: Nov 15, 2019 at 01:16 pm CST
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing & Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup, Drive Properties & SSD Toolbox]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks – CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (OS) - Vantage, PCMark 7, PCMark 8 & SYSmark 2014 SE]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary) - IOPS, Response & Transfer Rate]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks 70/30 Mixed Workload & Sustained Seq. Write]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]