Packaging and Overview
The box of the C7Z370-CG uses a standard design, and not the fancy angled edge design of its predecessor. Regardless, the motherboard is still safe and sound inside the box.
The accessory package includes four SATA6Gb/s cables, IO shield, and quick start reference guide.
The C7Z370-CG-L has five fan headers, each capable of 2.5A output. The headers circled in red are four pin PWM headers, and the three headers circled in blue are four-pin PWM headers, but they can also work with 3-pin fans, however at default they are in PWM mode. I recommend using PWM fans with this motherboard. The motherboard's aesthetic appeal has changed a lot. Its predecessor was of a black and green design and boasted a lot more angles. The new CG is simple yet effective, while the PCH heat sink is screwed down, the VRM heat sinks use push pins. The back of the motherboard is pretty bare.
The rear IO panel features PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse, two USB 2.0 ports, four USB 3.0 headers, USB 3.1 type-A, USB 3.1 type-C, DisplayPort, HDMI, DVI, 1Gbit LAN, 7.1 audio outputs with S/PDIF out.
The PCI-E layout is simple; the first two reinforced slots run at x16/x0 or x8/x8. The three x1 slots are routed to the PCH. The single x4 slot is also routed to the PCH. All slots are PCI-E 3.0 slots. The motherboard features six SATA6Gb/s ports.
There are two M.2 slots on the motherboard, both of them are x4 PCI-E 3.0, but neither supports SATA based drives, so make sure you get a PCI-E, AHCI, or NVMe based M.2 drive.
Check out the OC corner. We have a POST code display, power button, reset button, clear CMOS button, and even an OC jumper that you can hook up to an external button. There is also a COM port header to the right of our front panel headers. Supermicro has also added boot LEDs to help quickly diagnose your problems, and if you are wondering about all the jumpers on the motherboard, Supermicro's manual is extremely detailed.
Surprisingly, Supermicro added an external temperature sensor header on the motherboard; it sits to the right of the internal USB 3.0 header. The motherboard also features two USB 2.0 headers to the right of a BIOS recovery header.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and C7Z370-CG-L Overview]
- Page 3 [Supermicro C7Z370-CG Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [Supermicro C7Z370-CG Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Clone Wars season 7 coming February 2020 on Disney+
- The Mandalorian's new trailer is like a Star Wars western
- Obi-Wan show confirmed for Disney+, Ewan McGregor to star
- Spears return to Elder Scrolls in new Morrowind remaster mod Skywind
- Metro 2033 movie begins filming in 2020, due out by 2022
- Lian Li TU150 Mini-ITX Chassis Review
- SteelSeries Arctis 9X Wireless Headset Review
- Seagate Gears 5TB Game Drive Review
- TRENDnet USB-C 2.5Gbe Network Adapter Review
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Snooker 19, the first official snooker game in a generation, is out now on Nintendo Switch
- Ultimate Fishing Simulator VR will debut in August
- Leyou Technologies Announces 2019 Interim Results
- Thermaltake A700 Aluminum Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis Now Available Simplicity Creates Its Own Path
- 2019 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational Season 2 Brings Twelve Top Modders Worldwide Together for the New Creation of the Core P5 V2 Chassis Battle for the Best