Here are key points about the Supermicro C7Z370-CG.
Quality of Course: The VRMs are high quality, each phase for the CPU and iGPU is rated 50A at the power stage and 50A at the inductor. Supermicro says the VRM is capable of 250A, not watts, but rather amps, and that's a lot. The thermal testing shows us that this much is probably true, as temperatures barely increased from stock to overclocked full load. The rest of the motherboard also features high-quality parts, and for $179.99, I doubt you will find anything with higher quality components.
Sleek and Simple: No RGB LEDs, no RGB LED headers, and no colored heat sinks. The Supermicro C7Z370-CG-L is truly simple, and its simplicity makes it sleek. It will fade away into the background of your build, acting as your machines backbone, it will sit there and not make much noise while keeping everything together. At least, that's if you don't like RGBs.
Straight Forward Routing: There are only four quick switches on the motherboard, and all they do is split the CPU's x16 PCI-E lanes into x8/x8 for more than one device. There is no switching of PCH bandwidth on the motherboard, meaning less electrical noise and stronger signal integrity. It also means you won't have to guess which SATA port is disabled when you use one of the M.2 slots because all the SATA and all the M.2 slots work all the time.
OC Features: I have this odd rule of mine; if a motherboard costs $200 or more, it needs to have a POST code display on it. However, at $180, the C7Z370-CG has a post code display, power, reset, and clear CMOS buttons, and even an OC header designed to work with an external push button switch to load an OC profile. The motherboard also features USB BIOS flash recovery in case of a corrupt BIOS, and SuperO is working to improve overclocking in the UEFI.
No SATA Based M.2 Drives: Since there is no switching of bandwidth between the SATA ports and M.2 slots, the two M.2 slots only support PCI-E based M.2 drives.
The Supermicro C7Z370-CG-L is not yet widely available, but we know its price, its hardware, and how it performs. Apart from memory overclocking woes, the UEFI was decent and usable, so I suggest you look at Supermicro's list of compatible memory kits, otherwise, stick to memory at or below 3200MHz.
Over the past few generations I have seen Supermicro really step up their game when it comes to their gaming lineup of motherboards, and the C7Z370-CG is a great next step towards becoming really competitive. The quality from Supermicro has always been extremely solid when it came to quality, but more recently, they have been adding more functionality. For instance, now I can change system fans to DC mode if I want, and even choose the temperature sensor I am referencing.
If you are looking for a high-quality motherboard with simple aesthetics and an affordable price tag, give the C7Z370-CG-L a look.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||92%|
The Bottom Line: Supermicro's C7Z370-CG-L is their latest gaming motherboard featuring high-quality components at an extremely reasonable price.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and C7Z370-CG-L Overview]
- Page 3 [Supermicro C7Z370-CG Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [Supermicro C7Z370-CG Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Square Enix showcase 10 minutes of LEFT ALIVE gameplay
- Possible Diablo animated series in development with Netflix
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Gameplay, Corrupted Monk Boss
- Officially licenced wireless GameCube controllers announced
- Bitmain announces next-gen Antminer ASICs ship soon with 7nm
- EP2C602 wont post
- صيانة كريازى مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجة كريازى الت
- صيانة جنرال اليكتريك مصر 0235700994 | توكيل ثلاجات ج
- صيانة كلفينيتور مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجات كلفين
- Battery Issue
- AkkenCloud Announces Vendor Management Systems Integration Partnership with JobRobotix
- USR ID adds tamper alert feature to mobile phone proximity lock app Leash
- Bitmain Announces Next-Generation ASIC Chip, New Mining Machine will be Available Soon
- Awesome Adventuring on the Go: Broken Sword 5 - the Serpent's Curse launches today on Nintendo Switch
- Uncle Death Radically Skateboards His Way to PC in LET IT DIE, Coming Soon to Steam