The Maximus X Apex is one of the best Z370 overclocking motherboards; it has the right stuff through and through. It has the right hardware, the right BIOS, and ultimately the right profiles in case you aren't getting where you want to be.
Having worked with a lot of ASUS motherboards, I knew how to get her up and running. I enable XMP, which instantly puts the system into a slight OC setting mode. Then I set all cores to 49x, VCore to 1.3v set with LLC mode 1 (20-40mv increase under load), I then increased CPU current capability, changed the PWM mode to current balance, and I was off.
Compatible Memory Overclocking Kits
In this section, I overclock four memory kits only using XMP, if the kit works then the results are below. I welcome memory vendors to send in their kits to be tested on each motherboard.
G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600MHz C16 8GBx2
Easy, the board easily overclocked the Dominator Platinum RAM to 3200MHz and these G.Skills to 3600MHz.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and ROG Maximus X Apex Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS ROG Maximus X Apex Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS ROG Maximus X Apex Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]