ASUS's Z370 Maximus X Apex UEFI is loaded, and I mean loaded, with crazy overclocking profiles and even overclocking profiles for air/water users. You have multiple 5GHz profiles from ASUS and even professional overclockers. You also get professional memory overclocking profiles, which are a pretty big hit.
One of the hardest things to figure out for a new overclocker is memory timings, as they are a bit hard to wrap your head around since there are just so many of them, and having those built in profiles helps a lot. If you are even more professional, I even found a menu with a bunch of different memory training algorithms.
Fan control is still superb, and now you can reference multiple sensors to each header.
ASUS includes AURA RGB, RAM Disk, MemTweakIt, EZ Update, DIP5, TPU, TurboApp, EPU, Fan Xpert 4, DIGI+ Power Control, PC Cleaner, EZ Update, System Information, and Version. There are probably more applications, but this is just a list of what we could download from the site.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS ROG Maximus X Apex (Intel Z370) Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS ROG Maximus X Apex (Intel Z370) Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and ROG Maximus X Apex Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS ROG Maximus X Apex Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS ROG Maximus X Apex Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SEGA teases upcoming Sonic Racing game information
- Intel's new Coffee Lake-based 8C/16T chip spotted again
- GeForce GTX 1050 3GB released: 768 CUDA cores, 96-bit bus
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 locked at 60FPS on all consoles
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4 in 2019 with single-player
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit