Installation and Finished Product
Sad to say, but the SE-214L SE comes with the same all-thread rods that are pressed through the back plate, but do not lock into place. Once they are in, you ensure the socket screws line up correctly to the back plate, and slide the threads through the mounting holes on the motherboard.
You are then shown to flip over the motherboard, place a paper washer on each post, and then lock them down to the motherboard with the spacers. At this point, we are nearly ready to place the cooler onto the CPU.
Before we place the cooler onto the motherboard, we had to grab the Intel Brackets and screw them onto the base of the cooler. While the instructions are a bit vague in this step, you know you have these on correctly if the numbers can be seen on either side of the pipes from the bottom of the cooler.
With such a large fan, it makes the cooler appear much bigger than it is. The fan is nearly as wide as the RAM, and is taller than the cooler, as we cannot see any of the pipe tips over the top edge of the fan.
We like that ID Cooling was sure to stay clear of the memory. This means that the fan can be placed evenly on the fins, and not have to be shifted up, lessening the airflow through the fins, and increasing the overall height.
As we step back quite a bit from the last image, we find the SE-214L SE to have all the room it needs around it. We cleared the motherboard heat sinks with ease, and even if we were to add a second fan, access to the 8-pin connection is not blocked, nor would memory if this were an LGA2011 motherboard.
Looking at the cooler against the vast blackness of the motherboard, that white really pops. We do not mind the aesthetics from this angle, but we do feel that ID Cooling missed an opportunity to place their logo at the top of the tower.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [ID Cooling SE-214L Snow Edition CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- Final Fantasy XV DLC continues into 2019
- IBM's Watson AI might be coming to a game near you
- Sonic movie set for 2019
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- For Sale 5 Pieces Apple iPhone 8 64GB Brand New Unlocked $2,795
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit