Installation and Finished Product
Sad to say, but the SE-214L SE comes with the same all-thread rods that are pressed through the back plate, but do not lock into place. Once they are in, you ensure the socket screws line up correctly to the back plate, and slide the threads through the mounting holes on the motherboard.
You are then shown to flip over the motherboard, place a paper washer on each post, and then lock them down to the motherboard with the spacers. At this point, we are nearly ready to place the cooler onto the CPU.
Before we place the cooler onto the motherboard, we had to grab the Intel Brackets and screw them onto the base of the cooler. While the instructions are a bit vague in this step, you know you have these on correctly if the numbers can be seen on either side of the pipes from the bottom of the cooler.
With such a large fan, it makes the cooler appear much bigger than it is. The fan is nearly as wide as the RAM, and is taller than the cooler, as we cannot see any of the pipe tips over the top edge of the fan.
We like that ID Cooling was sure to stay clear of the memory. This means that the fan can be placed evenly on the fins, and not have to be shifted up, lessening the airflow through the fins, and increasing the overall height.
As we step back quite a bit from the last image, we find the SE-214L SE to have all the room it needs around it. We cleared the motherboard heat sinks with ease, and even if we were to add a second fan, access to the 8-pin connection is not blocked, nor would memory if this were an LGA2011 motherboard.
Looking at the cooler against the vast blackness of the motherboard, that white really pops. We do not mind the aesthetics from this angle, but we do feel that ID Cooling missed an opportunity to place their logo at the top of the tower.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [ID Cooling SE-214L Snow Edition CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Detroit: Become Human sells 2 million+ units since May 2018
- Project Stream testers get free copy of AC: Odyssey
- Google's Project Stream is the future of gaming
- EA folds Battlefront II into its subscription services
- Red Dead Online microtransactions are live
- ASRock Z370 Extreme 4 and Intel AC 9260 WiFi card
- Areca ARC-8050U3 USB-C RAID DAS Review
- New Mobo and my W10 Install?
- G-Technology GDrive Pro SSD 3.84TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- HyperX Savage EXO Portable SSD Review
- Symbaroum: Yndaros - The Darkest Star expansion Released Today
- Enjoy the Winter Season of R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud
- Warlords Awakening release surprises for Christmas
- The Switchblade Christmas Update Is Out Now
- Great Britain & Ireland DLC Out Now For Railway Empire