ID Cooling SE-214L Snow Edition CPU Cooler
Staring the white 130mm fan dead in the face, we find that the larger fan does indeed cover more of the fin areas, as was expected. We can also see that the four heat pipes are not all in line with each other, as every other pipe is offset from the one before it.
The side of the SE-214L SE points out a few worthy mentionable things. First would be the shape of the fan frame. While the front is 130mm, as it gets closer to the fins, the frame is reduced to 120mm in size. The fin stack is evenly supported between the fifty fins with the tabs bent over on this edge, and we also see some slight damage to the fins in the lower-right corner of the fin stack.
The leading and trailing edges of the cooler are identical, where the fins are not cut straight, to begin with. To help further disturbing of the air, and creating offsets to build pressure, there are eight V-shaped sections of fins, four along the top section, and four evenly spaced one in the lower half.
While the view of the other side of the cooler was virtually as Vertical as can be, the view here is slightly different. With the base of the cooler level to the table, the left side of the cooler has a bit of a curve to it. Also, something we left out from the other side is that the fan is attached with wire fan clips that lock into a groove on the side of the fins.
The view of the top of the cooler is a flat white aluminum fin, where the eight heat pipe tips protrude past them, which is also painted white. Some of the tips were abraded in transit, even with the dense foam in place, and some of the paint has been removed. We can also see the shape of the edges of the cooler are not flat but cut inward to help with pressure building and better flow through the tower.
Holding onto the four heat pipes is this aluminum pre-cooler which has also been painted to match. While the grooves and fins will let some of the heat out of the cooler, this base is made so that mounting hardware can be applied to it mainly.
Fresh out of the box, there was a protective sticker in place, which we have removed. Under that sticker, we find heat pipes which have been machined at the same time as the aluminum base. Gaps in the contact area are minimal, with no signs of TIM oozing out, and the surface is flat across the entire bottom of the SE-213L SE.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [ID Cooling SE-214L Snow Edition CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- TSMC pumps $25 billion into 5nm node, expected in 2020
- TSMC ramps 7nm production: new GPUs, AI, crypto chips coming
- Yawn: Intel Z390 chipset rumored to be rebadged Z370
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 1000 rumors: 16GB RAM in a smartphone
- Pre-order Super Smash Bros. Ultimate/GameCube Controller now
- AMD Vega 56 not being detected by Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 motherboard
- win 7 with gigbyte mobo/network only getting 10% of bandwidth
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700 and Ryzen 5 2600 Review
- Best SSD For Gaming: Over 120 SSDs Tested!
- Vampyr Review: Bloody Rare
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit