With all the little bits and pieces in the package out the way we can move onto the more important part, the graphics card. Gigabyte has continued to use the purple theme on the card with the sticker over the cooler. On the red PCB it looks great and in a case with some good lighting, it would look fantastic.
The top right of the card has our standard 6 pin PCI Express power connector that comes on all high end PCI Express cards. We also have a passive heatsink that runs down the side of the card to cool some of the hotter components on the graphics card outside of the standard core and memory.
Moving to the front of the card we have our Dual DVI ports which both support Dual Link along with the S-Video like plug which lets us use the HDTV Out capability along with the VIVO function.
Turning the card over we find a very plain back thanks to the fact that no memory is installed on the back of the card. We simply have a number of screws that help hold the large heatsink on the front in place.
The Gigabyte X1800XL comes clocked at 500MHz on the core and 1GHz DDR on the memory which is the default speed for the X1800XL. We will see later just what we can get out of it when it comes to overclocking.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - CPU Overclocking]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Graphics Card Overclocking]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Shadow of War post-launch event calendar revealed
- Sumo Digital may go public in new IPO worth $198 million
- Gearbox hiring writer for Borderlands 3
- Take-Two: Microtransactions help buffer risk of new IP
- UK official responds to lootbox petition
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz