While the color choice might not be for some people, the purple box is very funky looking and would stand out amongst a lot of other brands that have quite a bland looking retail box style.
We have all our main features included on the front of the box - Dual Link DVI for people lucky enough to own those 30" Apple LCDs, VIVO, HDTV and 256MB of DDR memory. We also can see that it is PCI Express and supports the new AVIVO technology that ATI is pushing and comes with software bundled worth about $190.
Turning the box over we as always get our extended specifications of the card and a run down including images of some of the technology that is implemented into the latest generation of graphics cards from ATI.
Opening up the box we don't have a huge selection of CDs but enough to keep you entertained for an extended period of time. Included is Counter Strike: Condition Zero, Power Director, Expand Rally along with our old faithful driver CD that we don't use.
Sticking with the purple theme we have the manual included in the package which most people will find themselves throwing aside thanks to a graphics card being quite self-explanatory to install and more useful information being found on the back of the box.
Moving to the final piece of the package we have our normal array of cables - HDTV Out cable, VIVO cable, S-Video Cable, S-Video to RCA and DVI to VGA connector. A power connector is included but the cable included wasn't the proper PCI Express cable - we put this down to the card being a sample. The correct PCI Express power connector should be included in the retail version.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - CPU Overclocking]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Graphics Card Overclocking]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 25-years of DOOM celebrated with DOOM update for Switch
- Peter Jackson could help Amazon's Lord Of The Rings TV show
- Stardew Valley on Switch receives Multiplayer Update Dec 12
- Smash Bros. Ultimate director discusses 3rd-party characters
- Smash Bros. UItimate is fastest-selling Switch game so far
- OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock 14-Port Review
- AORUS LED i2c control?
- 1stPlayer Bullet Hunter MK6 Gaming Keyboard Review
- SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless Review
- Z390 ultra bios needs serious work
- SAIRENTO VR slashes onto PSVR early 2019
- Rules of Survival Ultra: A Revolutionary Version with Day/Night Cycle, Changing Weather and Enhanced Game Models
- Brutal Classic-Style FPS SUFFER is out now on Steam!
- The hottest Steam games arrive in Fanatical's Winter Sale
- YIIK: A Post-Modern RPG Spreads Conspiracy Theories on Switch, PlayStation 4, Steam on Jan. 17, 2019