High Quality AA and AF
In our High Quality tests we bump the Antialiasing (AA) and Anisotropic Filtering (AF) up causing the card(s) to be put under more load.
This usually helps us remove the CPU limitation. We use 4 x AA and 8 x AF as this is quite a common setup for most people who are venturing into the AA and AF area.
3DMark 5 again shows that performance is quite close between the two cards but this time around the 7800GT does offer a more visible difference.
Half Life 2 with AA and AF on brings both cards to exactly the same point which is interesting seen the 7800GT saw larger improvements when running without AA and AF.
Doom 3 shows huge differences when running without AA and AF but as soon as you turn it on, the X1800XL really begins to close the gap on the 7800GT.
Last updated: Dec 13, 2019 at 07:15 pm CST
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - CPU Overclocking]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Graphics Card Overclocking]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]